Job Title: Director of Program Management and Partnerships
Location: New York, HQ or London, UK
Reports to: Senior Director, Strategic Operations
Directly supervises: 2 direct reports
IRC's Revenue department is responsible for the global delivery of the International Rescue Committee’s (www.rescue.org) financial resources, and plays an important strategic role in the creation of its brand, awareness and support for its advocacy goals. The IRC's strategy centers on its ambition to continue to improve the scale and effectiveness of IRC programs worldwide with evidence of what works best to impact people’s lives in conflict and fragile settings. Revenue comprises colleagues and teams delivering government funding, marketing, account management, leadership gifts, board liaison, corporate partnerships and communications to support this work. Primarily these colleagues are located in the USA – but IRC plans to significantly expand its global Revenue footprint in the coming years.
Revenue is at the beginning stages of creating a new radical and ambitious strategy that will enhance IRC’s ability to ‘punch above its weight’ in income and awareness. We are building a new culture and supporting our colleagues in their efforts to deliver transformational and best in class work. At the same time – believing that the root of success lie in a high performance team and culture - we need to build our internal infrastructure – ensure we build a strong global team, the dynamic culture, forward thinking ethos, and 21st century reporting, operational and business management practices that will help it achieve its ambitious goals.
The Director of Management and Partnerships will lead initiatives for Revenue in close partnership with the Senior Director, Strategic Operations and work with colleagues across the global organization. S/he will support department initiatives. This role will work in strong partnership with IRC Programs – International Programs, US Programs and Policy & Practice. The role requires the candidate to have an understanding of project management fundamentals, process analysis/improvement, design best practices and experience collaborating and building strong partnerships.
- Lead roll-out and framework on partnering with IRC programs (International Programs, US Programs and Policy & Practice) on rolling business development strategies and support
- Partner to develop department wide metrics, in partnership with Revenue Budget & Analytics Team, to connect with IRC 2020 Strategy, Private Sector Engagement Strategy and Grants Management Task Force, along with industry benchmarks
- Enable the department with high quality approach to project management across all teams and functions with consideration to broader IRC wide project management initiatives
- Oversee and guide the collaboration and coordination with department wide colleagues to ensure successful project management of campaigns (both business as usual and emergency) which includes plan definition, detailed plan/approach, testing and launch
- Own department wide emergency protocols, triangulate with broader IRC and serve the role of the lead/overseer, depending on severity level, for the department in the event of an emergency
- Manage the department wide governance process to ensure projects are set-up for success, leaders have oversight to make relevant go/no go decisions and provide transparency of project status
- Perform detailed business analysis of key business functions and processes in order to understand and resolve current issues and develop/define the future state vision
- Partner on the development of department wide integrated work plans including deliverables, milestones, dependencies and measurable/non-measurable success metrics
- Oversee department wide communication needs
- People leaderships to 2 direct reports