At Drohan Management Group (DMG), our mission is to promote the continued well-being and growth of our client associations and professional societies by providing them with professional management, efficient day-to-day leadership, and progressive guidance for the future. We are looking to add a new talented association professional to our team. The Account Executive would be responsible for overseeing at least two different association clients as an executive director and/or director of operations.
Established in 1986, DMG provides management, outsourcing and consulting services to our association clients. Our goal is to allow our clients focus on their mission while we take care of all of the details of running it. The ideal candidate will have association experience, including but not limited to healthcare, medical, scientific, financial and legal services, insurance and business related associations. He/she is a strategic thinker with proven leadership, agile organization and people skills and strong business intelligence. The Account Executive provides leadership, counsel, and direction to client associations and oversees the work of client teams.
- Manages client expectations within an annual agreed upon client scope of work.
- Works with multiple clients and different client cultures, schedules and strategic goals.
- Ensures balance of client work schedule within framework of MSP calendar.
- Maintains and enhances client relationships.
- Assures that the Board, Executive Committee, and appropriate committee chairs are kept fully informed on the conditions and operations of the associations, and on all important factors influencing the organization.
- Participates in all meetings of the Board of Directors and Executive Committee, as appropriate.
- Assists the Board in the development and execution of the strategic plan.
- Plans, formulates, and recommends, for the approval of the Board, policies and programs which will further the objectives of the association.
- Executes all decisions of the Board.
- Provides the necessary liaison and staff support to the committee chairs and committees to enable them to effectively perform their function.
- Develops, for the purpose of day-to-day administration, specific policies, procedures, and programs to support and implement the direction of the Board.
- Signs and executes such contracts and commitments as may be authorized by the Board, as appropriate.
- Creates effective and efficient staff and leadership teams to carry out the work of the association.
- Maintains thorough communication with the Board, committees and members regarding association activities and projects.
- Develops timelines and work plans for programs, services and projects.
- Understands and consistently meets or exceeds deadlines.
- Seeks to continually upgrade skills and knowledge for the effective management of the association.
Programs & Services:
- Promotes interest and active participation in the association’s activities on the part of the membership and committees, and reports to the Board as appropriate.
- Oversees the Marketing Department in managing the associations’ publications, including journals, brochures, and directories.
- Oversees the Meetings Department in the planning, promotion, and administration of all official meetings of the association.
- Oversees the Membership Services Department in planning, organizing, and directing membership promotion and retention programs, evaluates results and recommends policies, procedures, and actions to achieve membership goals.
- Performs a fiduciary function for the association, including maintaining official minutes of the Board of Directors and other official meetings of the association, providing security and appropriate confidentiality for all files, legal and historic documents, membership and other databases.
- Ensures programs and projects meet the financial goals set by the Board.
- Other duties as assigned.