The Senior Exhibits Specialist is responsible for the sales, logistics and execution of several aspects of the association's Annual Conference & Exposition, and is responsible as lead exhibits planner for at least one SHRM specialty conference. This position reports to the Manager of Exhibits & Sponsorship and supports the overall goals of the Meetings & Conferences Department - Exhibits Division.
In collaboration with Conference Programming, Meeting Planners and Conference Marketing, the Senior Exhibits Specialist maintains a high quality conference experience while adhering to budget and meeting established yearly goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- SHRM Annual Conference & Exposition – manages all aspects of exhibitor confirmation process, maintains open line of communications with exhibitors and sponsors pre/at/post show, conducts sales calls and develops sponsorship proposals and presentations. Works with Exhibits Manager on the fulfillment of sponsorships and other exhibitor logistics. Coordinates mailings and other marketing efforts (including electronic and telephone marketing activities) and fulfills information requests. Responsible for the data entry, cash receipts, maintenance and invoicing of exhibitor/sponsor contracts. Assists in coordination of online exhibitor registration. Maintains and manage records for exhibitor cancellations, waiting list and all changes.
- SHRM Diversity & Inclusion Conference & Exposition – leads, manages, and implements logistics, including floor plan development, assigning exhibit space, selling and fulfilling sponsorships, writing/designing exhibitor marketing brochure, developing overall sign plan, generating exhibit and sponsorship sales reports, developing exhibits and sponsorship portion of the budget, invoicing and collection of exhibitor fees, ordering bags and/or padfolios and supplies and manages shipping procedure. Also includes researching past and potential leads, conducting sales calls, negotiating benefits and recognition, legal review, etc. Responsible for general on-site management of the exposition, including set-up and tear down of the exhibit hall, exhibitor registration, all other exhibit hall functions. Orders conference floral and plants, and secures exhibit hall and conference security. Produces Service Kit – includes selecting vendors, and obtaining order forms.
- SHRM Employment Law & Legislative Conference – responsible for developing and implementing sponsor marketing plan, creating and implementing overall sign plan for the conference, manages shipping process, orders conference floral and plants, and secures exhibit hall and conference security.
- Customer Service
- Detail orientation
- Excellent organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to handle stressful situations and multiple deadline-driven projects and priorities with tact and humility
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel, experience with Expocad and Personsify preferred
- Basic math skills
- Some travel required.
- Bachelor degree plus 3-5 years exhibit sales/operations experience.