Position Title: Development Manager
Location: Flexible – Selected candidate may work in either Newton, MA or Bay Area, CA
Reports to: Founder & Executive Director, Blueprint Schools Network
Full-Time Position – Benefits Eligible
About Blueprint Schools Network (Blueprint)
Blueprint’s mission is to promote educational equity and improve life outcomes for students by partnering with school districts to plan, implement and monitor school improvement initiatives. Our strategic framework arose from an unprecedented analysis of more than 100 schools that identified five core, research-based strategies driving student achievement, common to high performing schools. These strategies include:
- Ensuring every student has an excellent teacher and a school leader committed to their success;
- Increasing instructional time;
- Setting clear, consistent standards for academic achievement and establishing a school-wide focus on preparing all students for college;
- Collecting assessment data frequently to monitor each student’s academic progress and tailoring instruction to meet the needs of all learners; and
- Providing daily, small group tutoring to students using highly qualified and well-trained instructors.
Our work with schools across the country has shown that positive change is possible when these five core strategies for school improvement are implemented together as a comprehensive package. Our culture is defined by talented and mission-driven people working together to accomplish great things.
Reporting to the Founder & Executive Director, the Development Manager will play a critical role in developing Blueprint’s fundraising initiatives, building and managing relationships with donors, and expanding awareness about our organization. This role is responsible for the cultivation and stewardship of all external stakeholders including, individuals, foundations, corporations, and the Board of Directors. This newly created position provides for future professional growth opportunities based on high-quality work performance.
Required activities include (but are not limited to):
Development & Stewardship:
- Design and implement annual development plan aligned with Blueprint’s strategic plan;
- Identify, prioritize, cultivate and build a robust donor base of foundations, corporations, individuals, and other strategic partners;
- Develop, prepare, and track compelling funding proposals, grant applications and reports for all foundation and corporate fundraising;
- Ensure accurate and timely grant submission and reporting to foundation and corporate supporters;
- Create an organizational culture of shared development responsibility; and
- Ensure that all supporters are appropriately managed and stewarded.
- In partnership with the Media/PR Consultant and the Blueprint Website Design Consultant, manage the development, distribution, and maintenance of all print and electronic collateral to promote Blueprint and its work to external audiences (including, but not limited to, donor reports, newsletters, brochures, social media, and Blueprint’s website); and
- Collaborate with the Executive Director to coordinate communication materials for meetings with the Board of Directors and key stakeholders.
- A minimum of three to five years of proven experience within development, communications, and grant writing (with demonstration of increased responsibilities and pattern of success);
- A demonstrated record of success in meeting fundraising targets/goals;
- Experience working within non-profit organizations and K-12 Education, preferred;
- Effective oral and written communication skills – proven writing skills to include writing nonprofit appeals, donation acknowledgements and developing content for web and social media;
- Experience in presenting materials to external audiences including potential funders, foundations, and/or corporate funders;
- Knowledge of, and experience working with electronic donor tracking system/database;
- Self-starter, able to work independently, and entrepreneurial; actively seeks to deepen current donor relationships and to create new ones;
- Demonstrated ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously with strong attention to detail; and
- Collaborative working style - effective at working with others to reach common goals and objectives.
To apply, please submit your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to the Blueprint website at: www.blueprintschools.org. Applications will be reviewed upon receipt and on a rolling basis. Therefore, interested candidates are encouraged to apply for immediate consideration.
Blueprint Schools Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, cultural heritage, ancestry, political belief, age, marital status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability or veteran status.