The Vice President, Accounting will be responsible for the accounting operations of the organization, including treasury, accounting, and compliance activities. Accounting and compliance activities, include among other things, financial statement preparation for internal and external SEC reporting, management of day to day accounting policies and procedures, and maintaining the Company’s internal control structure. This individual will be responsible for regularly improving processes and increasing the efficiency of the accounting operation. The Vice President, Accounting will work closely with the CFO and other company executives and managers to supply the necessary information and analysis needed to run a public company.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Major responsibilities of the position are listed below. To perform the job successfully, the individual must be able to execute each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Lead teams through growth and change creating systems and structure and developing and mentoring staff.
- Maintain responsibility for accounting operations, including financial statements, revenue recognition, stock-based compensation, cost accounting, capital expenditures, accounts payable, accounts receivable, taxes, general accounting, and other technical accounting areas, as required.
- Actively manage month-end closing process to ensure timely issuance of monthly and quarterly financial statements to key internal and external stakeholders.
- Responsible for financial statement review and other analysis to ensure the accuracy of month-end reporting and to provide explanation of financial statement results to senior management.
- Responsible for external audit relationship and related audit procedures.
- Maintain current knowledge of organizational policies and procedures, federal and state policies and directives, and current accounting standards
- Establish, maintain, and report on all financial, operational, and ITGC internal controls and metrics within the organization.
- Develop and maintain relationships with banking, and outside lending organizations to facilitate financial activities and equity relationships.
- Evaluate accounting impacts of various financing alternatives and prepare debt compliance materials as required.
- Evaluate needs for procurement of funds and investment of surpluses and make appropriate recommendations.
- Prepare and file federal, state, third-party, and other financial reports to ensure compliance with GAAP, SEC, and IRS and other taxing entity requirements.
- Review insurance needs to determine adequate needs.
- Other job duties as assigned.