General Position Summary:
The Exhibit Services Manager is responsible for Exhibitor Services at Solar Power International and other Solar Power Events. As an organizational leader, they contribute to the development of SETS strategic goals and objectives, and relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
This position is part of the SETS Sales teams, which are responsible for all activities related to revenue producing opportunities, operational planning for SETS events that involve the exhibit tradeshow floor, exhibitors, meeting rooms and sponsorships. This position also handles accounts payables with exhibits, meeting rooms and sponsorships for each event. As part of a dynamic team, this manager position is responsible for a significant number of independent projects and exhibitor services production. The Exhibit Services Manager works with internal team members and external stakeholders, partners, and vendors.
Essential Functions/Major Responsibilities: To be successful in this position, the candidate must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. In additional to other duties assigned to meet business needs and organizational objectives.
The Exhibit Services Manager will be responsible for:
- Manage the exhibitor services program development, exhibitor booth rules, forms, service kit, exhibitor websites, exhibitor guide updates, sponsor banners after sold by sales, construction oversite, and booth development.
- Assist with the exhibitor registration system CDS and MYS set up and testing
- Create impeccable customer relationships, including identifying customer needs and respond creatively, listening to information, asking questions and applying knowledge to determine solutions.
- Oversee and update the exhibitor communications time line for all solar power events
- Assist the Director of Sales with Exhibitor Council program development including design, vendor recruitment and training, session shaping, and processing.
- Manage and evaluate vendors and consultants, as they relate to Exhibitor Services; SPI, Exhibitor Council Meeting,
- Work on a daily/weekly basis with sales and marketing departments, general service contractor, and other vendors to ensure holistic program development and execution.
- Measure and record participation, consumption and costs for SPI, Exhibitor Council Meeting, California Solar Power Expo and other events as assigned. Use historical data for making informed projections for future events.
- Manage and work with appropriate staff to evaluate all events, ensuring continual improvement and quality customer service.
- Launch and execute exhibitor service kits, exhibitor communications and floorplans for all regional, PV events, California Expo, CES etc.
- Provide accurate and timely reporting.
- Manage the Exhibitor Services Associate on weekly basis to ensure deadlines and process are timely and accurate with exhibitor service call, emails, sponsorship items, etc..
- Oversee and assist sponsorship fulfillment and collecting of the sponsor requirements as it relates to Exhibitor Services Associate sponsorship fulfilment responsibilities throughout the year for Solar Power Events.
- Provide guidance to the Exhibitor Services Associate on proper selection of professional development in keeping with the budget allocations.
- Assist sales team on follow up with signed contracts for exhibits and sponsorship proposals
- Responsible for payment collections on exhibits, sponsorships and meeting rooms in a timely manner. Ensure all collections complete 30 days prior to exhibitor move-in. work closely it finance team.