We are seeking a Senior Accountant to join our team. Based in our Philadelphia office, the Senior Accountant is responsible for the integrity of the financial reporting for a large law firm with 600+ attorneys. This person is involved in all aspects of financial reporting, and will record, verify, analyze, consolidate and report financial transactions. Also, this position will prepare budgets, project expenses and monitor variances while guiding the staff accountant and accounting analyst through the month end and year end close schedules.
It is essential that this person be a self-motivated and able to work well both in a team environment as well as independently. This role is expected to be a leadership role to the outcomes described and must ensure that excellent client service and client satisfaction are attained in all areas. A superior level of client service is expected at all times. In addition, in accordance with the firm’s Client Service Initiatives, the Senior Accountant must consistently display good judgment and have effective interpersonal communications. Confidentiality and discretion are required consistently.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Oversee the monthly and year-end close processes to ensure accurate financial reporting and calculation of partner distributions.
- Lead the general ledger team in everyday assignments and help them through their projects.
- Verify, allocate, post and reconcile transactions to the general ledger, including prepaid expenses and accruals.
- Oversee preparation of reports detailing monthly expenses by office, department and practice group and meet with respective parties to discuss actual to budget variances.
- Evaluate total Firm expenses, including budget comparisons and trends.
- Prepare internal income statements, balance sheets, and statements of cash flow to ensure that all items are classified correctly based on modified cash basis.
- Play a vital role in the budget process, compile all data from budget owners and lead the creation of the annual budget presentation in PowerPoint.
- Make decisions regarding postings to subsidiaries, analyze intercompany charges and ensure consolidation of financial statements is correct.
- Respond to requests from COO and CFO for complex reports requiring compilation of information from multiple systems (Elite billing, General Ledger, Crystal Reports, and SQL for example)
- Provide technical support and advice to management.
- Prepare work papers for annual financial audit, including detailed account analysis, bank reconciliations, and support for financial statements and footnotes
- Correspond with other departments to ensure proper accounting for purchases and expenses.
- Develop and document processes and policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
- Complete quarterly and annual surveys by compiling financial information.
- Perform analysis for practice groups, CFO, Controller, and Assistant Controller as requested.
- Calculate simple and compound interest for attorneys as requested, along with detailed amortization schedules and present and future value calculations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and we offer an excellent total compensation package, which includes medical/dental coverage (PPO/HD), vision care, life insurance, short and long-term disability plans, 401(k) with employer match, paid vacation/holiday/sick days, wellness programs and more.
TO APPLY: Interested candidates should send their resume and cover letter, including salary expectations, for consideration.