Director of Development and Outreach
The Director of Development is a highly public and visible position, central and integral to promoting fundraising objectives of Clear Space Theatre Company. The successful incumbent will possess the ability to be an outspoken champion on behalf of the organization within the community and beyond. The incumbent will report directly to the Executive Director daily objectives regarding planning, managing and implementing a full spectrum of development programs, including individual, corporate, and planned giving, grants, foundation and government support, and capital campaign fundraising. The incumbent will focus on increasing annual giving using a broad array of ingenuity and sophistication to support the Company’s vision of being a leader in the vibrant performing arts community of Southern Delaware.
- Develop strategic direction to plan and implement a development program.
- Create, plan, and implement the annual development plan with the Executive Director, including measurable goals.
- Increase individual, corporate, and planned giving, grants, foundation and government support.
- Maintain and increase major donor base.
- Conduct research to identify donor prospects and to obtain information concerning financial capability, special interests, past history and relationship with the Company.
- Maintain the donor tracking system and database.
- Develop and write grants for various programs.
- Work with appropriate staff to establish an ongoing effective communication and marketing program.
- Create an annual public relations plan with the Executive Director, including measurable goals.
- Increase public relations and media campaign.
- Produce the weekly eBlast, press releases and other media information.
- In conjunction with the Executive Director, staff and development committee, assist with identifying volunteers.
- Oversee the solicitation of volunteers and supervise volunteers utilized for development, fundraising, and public relations purposes.
- Assign major gift prospects to appropriate individuals – Board members, key volunteers, and Executive Director – for the purpose of fostering beneficial relationships.
- Plan special events to include annual Gala and individual house parties.
- Organize at least one event per year for major donors.