If you are ready for a satisfying and rewarding career, join our team of diverse and motivated professionals at Community Health Center, Inc. (CHC). CHC is one of the country’s most creative and dynamic providers of primary medical, dental and mental health services to the uninsured and underinsured. CHC is building a world class primary health care system that is committed to caring for special populations, and that is focused on improving health outcomes for our patients as well as building healthy communities. We are one of the leading health-care providers in the state of Connecticut, providing comprehensive primary care services in medicine, dentistry, and behavioral health. With more than 130,000 active patients, CHC is the health care home that works to keep our patients—and our communities—healthy. We go beyond the traditional health services to bring care wherever our patients and clients are, using innovative service delivery models and state of the art technology. We use the latest treatments and technologies within the Patient-Centered Medical Home Model (PCMH) to care for our growing patient base.
The Chief Development Officer (CDO) will establish fundraising goals, including measurable objectives, and develop effective strategies and plans for the identification, cultivation and solicitation of charitable gifts in support of Community Health Center and its national affiliates. Responsibilities include building key giving opportunities that maximize the organization’s philanthropic opportunities, with particular focus on major gifts, local, state and national foundations, and corporate support.
Reporting directly to the President and CEO and as a member of the Senior Leadership Team, the CDO will work closely with board members and senior management, as well as CHC’s community partners, friends and allies to ensure fundraising goals are achieved. A primary objective for the CDO will be to identify and engage a network of top level progressive funders and donors with the interest and ability to invest in advancing the vision and mission of CHC.
- Design, implement and manage a strategic plan to create and expand philanthropic opportunities for Community Health Center, Inc.
- Serve as the organization’s front-line fundraiser, partnering with the President, senior leadership, key allies and volunteers to strengthen advancement efforts
- Identify and manage a portfolio of prospects, creating a constant pipeline of new individual, corporate and institutional donors
- Set goals, priorities and strategies and oversee a comprehensive development program (annual giving, major gifts, foundations, corporations, planned giving, endowment, events, donor cultivation and stewardship)
- Recruit and manage a development team with the expertise necessary to achieve strategic goals
- Collaborate with CHC support teams, with particular emphasis on aligning the Communications team’s priorities with the strategic development plan
Required Education & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, marketing and/or related field. Master’s Degree preferred.
- 10+ years of increasing responsibility and experience with individual, corporate and institutional giving
- Keen fundraising strategist with demonstrated knowledge of diverse fundraising programs and success in creating and implementing comprehensive development plans
- Record of establishing and achieving ambitious fundraising goals, managing a budget, and allocating resources effectively
- Demonstrated success identifying, cultivating, closing and stewarding major gifts
- Proven ability to build and manage positive relationships with executive and volunteer leadership, program staff, donors and prospects
- Experience leading and managing a team
Highly preferred Skills:
- Entrepreneurial, innovative and achievement driven
- Strong interpersonal, team building, and partnership skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills (written and verbal)
- High energy; positive “can-do” attitude; flexible
- Culturally sensitive and comfortable with diverse constituencies and partners
- Strong appreciation for and ability to effectively communicate CHC’s mission, values, and goals
Community Health Center, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits including medical/dental plans, tuition reimbursement, short term/long term disability coverage, 403b plan with discretionary company match/contribution, flexible spending plans, group life insurance coverage, Employee Assistance Program, classroom based/on-line computer skill development resources and more! Please note that completion of a background check, receipt of proof of eligibility to work in the United States, and completion of all requirements of our Infection Control policy will be required prior to working at Community Health Center, Inc.
Apply online: 2016-5612 to: