VP of Development plans and executes resource development strategies (in concert with vision set by BOD and CEO.) Develop and implement a fundraising plan for the organization to meet operating budget needs on an annual basis as well as long term. Secure funds to meet organizational growth objectives. Responsible for the developing/coordinating fundraising campaigns, oversight of grant proposal writing/reporting, special events and donor solicitation. Along with the CEO, serve as the principal development staff person on operating, capital and endowment campaigns.
- Provide strategy, direction and oversight in all areas to reach development goals and strategies.
- Responsible for the successful identification, solicitation, and closing of all major gifts.
- Develop fundraising strategies that align cash inflows and outflows to minimize financing of working capital.
- Manage and report pledge receivable status and minimize collection timing and write-offs.
- Lead and manage all development staff.
- Identify opportunities to build public awareness of BGCGH initiatives, services, and programs.
- Develop a comprehensive plan for achieving resource development including appropriate staffing to accommodate growth.
- Provide oversight to staff that research and identify individual, foundation, corporate, and public agency prospects to cultivate and solicit.
- Establish forecasts and prepare evaluations of fundraising potential for development activities by identifying and rating prospects, with special attention given to those prospects having the highest potential.
- Develop a comprehensive annual fundraising plan to support operating budget and annual cash requirements.
Board and Partnership Development
- Work with the leadership to identify, recruit and train board members to participate in solicitation and other resource development activities
- Support board committees responsible for planning and implementing development activities and provide direction, budgeting and staffing as needed.
- Develop strategic alliances with community leaders and local officials.
- Develop collaborative partnerships with other youth serving organizations, members, parents, families, funders and community organizations.
* Grant writing and reporting
* Stewardship planning/implementation
* Volunteer management oversight -- program implementation and management.
* Special Event oversight - planning, coordination and implementation.
* Annual Campaign planning and implementation.
* Planned Giving program.
* Maintain relationships with donors, involving, board members and Club staff.
* Understand and articulate Club mission, objectives, policies, programs, procedures, principles and practices
* Maintain and utilize the Raisers Edge donor database software fully
* Track fundraising income, grant reporting and other development reports
* Recognize contributions with acknowledgement letters and special recognition events