Bowling Green State University is a tier-one, public university serving 19,000 students on two campuses in northwest Ohio. The University has nationally recognized programs and research in the natural and social sciences, education, arts, business, health and wellness, humanities and applied technologies. BGSU seeks talented individuals to join our community in Bowling Green, Ohio, recognized as one of the “Best College Towns of America.”
To administer all aspects of the estate and charitable gift program for BGSU, including, helping donors carry out their philanthropic goals, assisting and educating colleagues to do the same and promote the benefits charitable and estate planning techniques among BGSU’s alumni, friends, faculty and professional advisors.
Essential Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities
- Manage an assigned portfolio of prospects to cultivate, solicit, secure/close and steward planned and major gifts. Develop strategies for identification, cultivation and solicitation of major prospects.
- Collaborate with and assist development staff in cultivating and closing gifts from their portfolios.
- Conduct discovery visits to identify and qualify new prospects.
- Develop strategies to aggressively promote charitable and estate planning through educational programs, and print and electronic marketing opportunities.
- Manage the charitable trust and gift annuity program.
- Maintain knowledge of charitable and estate planning techniques and tax legislation changes.
- Provide training to development staff and others in planned giving vehicles and their applications
This list of essential duties, tasks and responsibilities is not all-inclusive; individual will perform other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills or Abilities
Fund raising experience is a plus, as well as a conversational knowledge of planned gift instruments.
Full-time administrative staff position. Salary is commensurate with education and experience. Administrative pay grade 361. Full benefits package available.
For a complete job description & instructions on how to apply for this position visit https://bgsu.hiretouch.com/ or contact the Office of Human Resources at (419) 372-8421. BGSU. AA/EEO/Disabilities/Veterans. In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Bowling Green State University, please call 419-372-8421.