- Create and provide highlight and feature film videos for the athletics department.
- Create and provide in-game marketing content for baseball, football, men’s basketball, women’s basketball and volleyball including intro highlight videos and in-game break features.
- Serve as the athletics department contact for any A/V related inquiries from entities outside of athletics (i.e. video requests from media, conference, technical questions about the facilities, etc.), including A/V technical inquiries for conference championship hosts, television and home game set-ups.
- Schedule and hire freelance video crew for baseball, football, men’s basketball, women’s basketball and volleyball game days and miscellaneous non-athletics events held at athletic venues.
- Supervise an intern/student video assistant.
- Manage the payroll and vendor identification for contract game-day crew.
Required skills include:
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite in a PC and Mac environment
- Capability of creating sports highlight and feature film videos
- Familiarity with proper lighting and shooting both indoors and outdoors
- 2D and 3D motion graphic composting
- Familiarity with Canon, Panasonic and Grass Valley video equipment
- Proficient at control room equipment: switchers, instant replay, clips server, audio communications systems and streaming services.
- Ability to use mixers, A/V patch bays, etc.
- Familiarity with Daktronics video displays, New Tek Tricaster environment, Live Text and Click Effects products
- Familiarity with both SD and HD cameras and video codes
Preference is provided to individuals with experience in the following areas:
- Athletic experience as a manager or administrator
- Proper green screen lighting and keying techniques
- Knowledge of all sports video crew positions and game video production
- Basic A/V engineering skills: cable termination, fiber data transmission, routing, etc.
- Familiarity with Capturion video displays
The ability to work athletic events, irregular schedules, weekends and evenings is required.
To apply, please complete the application including a cover letter and resume at https://jobs.rice.edu/postings/9409. Screening will begin immediately with a targeted start date in February/March 2017.