Job Title: Director of Data Analytics
Location: New York, HQ
Reports to: Senior Director, Data and Analytics
Directly supervises: Business Analyst
IRC's Revenue department is responsible for the global delivery of the International Rescue Committee’s (www.rescue.org) financial resources, and plays an important strategic role in the creation of its brand, awareness and support for its advocacy goals. The IRC's strategy centers on its ambition to continue to improve the scale and effectiveness of IRC programs worldwide with evidence of what works best to impact people’s lives in conflict and fragile settings. Revenue comprises colleagues and teams delivering government funding, marketing, account management, leadership gifts, board liaison, corporate partnerships and communications to support this work. Primarily these colleagues are located in the USA – but IRC plans to significantly expand its global Revenue footprint in the coming years.
Revenue is at the beginning stages of creating a new radical and ambitious strategy that will enhance IRC’s ability to ‘punch above its weight’ in income and awareness. We are building a new culture and supporting our colleagues in their efforts to deliver transformational and best in class work. At the same time – believing that the root of success lie in a high-performance team and culture - we need to build our internal infrastructure – ensure we build a strong global team, the dynamic culture, forward thinking ethos, and 21st century reporting, operational and business management practices that will help it achieve its ambitious goals.
The Director, Analytics provides direction and management to ensure high quality data analytics for all revenue-generating activities across the Revenue department, including global and private and public sector funding sources.
They are accountable for the development and delivery of best in class analytics tools, dashboards and reports, and for financial and budgetary management and oversight to ensure best use of IRC resources.
They are a dynamic, self-motivated and hands-on leader who will inspire and challenge colleagues to drive necessary business change and deliver on the key strategic goal of Data Based Decision Making.
- Lead and support a best in class analytics function – ensuring high quality data-based decision making across all revenue-generating activities at the IRC.
- Partner with leaders across the Revenue department to establish regular KPIs and benchmarks for a wide variety of indicators and data sets.
- Lead budget development and monitoring work across the Revenue department teams, ensuring accountability, maximal use of resources, and return on investment for key initiatives.
- Establish and deliver impactful regular dashboards and reports, focused on real-time performance monitoring and actionable insights.
- Proactively and continually monitor trends, analyze and interrogate data, and make strategic and timely recommendations on important opportunities and/or solutions to key challenges, ensuring follow through on agreed actions.
- Establish a dynamic and innovative analytics approach, leveraging digital tools, market tracking, big data and micro data, and other key market trends and strategies.
- Work with key colleagues throughout the Revenue department to foster a dynamic, data-driven and solutions-focused culture and approach to work.
- Partner with key colleagues on the Marketing team to drive successful digital acquisition and long-term value-oriented marketing strategies.
- Collaborate with key colleagues on the Development team to drive successful high-value donor solicitation and retention strategies.
- Partner with colleagues in the Awards Management Unit to support global public sector revenue goals and objectives, including providing key data and insights into performance and the revenue pipeline for grant solicitations.
- Supervise a Business Analyst position, providing strong management and mentorship.
- Partner with the Senior Director, Data and Analytics to set annual and regular project goals, deliverables and key outcomes for analytics projects and work.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Senior Director, Data and Analytics
Position directly supervises: Business Analyst
Other Internal and/or external contacts:
Internal: Works closely with IRC staff on Technology Project Management, Website Platforms, Communications, IT and Finance teams to achieve objectives
External: Collaborates as needed with various vendors and consultants (CRM, digital marketing, etc.)