Annual Fund Officer Young Alumni Giving
Posting Number: 20161220S
Position Type: Staff
Recruitment Type: Internal/External Applicants
Work Schedule: FT/12 Month
Department: 604 - University Advancement
The Annual Fund Officer for Young Alumni Giving will be responsible for establishing and managing effective relationships with annual fund prospects and existing annual fund donors that have received their undergraduate degree from Villanova in the last 20 years. The Annual Fund Officer under the supervision of the Director of Annual Giving will plan and implement solicitation strategies in support of the Villanova Annual Fund and other fundraising priorities; identify and qualify potential donors; design and implement successful cultivation and stewardship strategies. The AFO will be responsible for helping to meet the unrestricted Annual Fund goal and assist with the efforts to increase Villanova's alumni participation rate. The AFO will help manage annual giving societies and leverage opportunities to increase membership. Additionally this position will participate in the creation of a comprehensive reunion giving program in collaboration with Annual Fund and Alumni Relations colleagues. Partner with the Alumni Relations and the Regional Development offices to create strategies focused on increasing the percentage of young alumni who give back annually. The AFO is expected to conduct 15 to 18 prospect visits per month and manage a portfolio of 125 to 150 prospects with annual gift capacity of $500 to $2,500.
Villanova is a Catholic university sponsored by the Augustinian order. Diversity and inclusion have been and will continue to be an integral component of Villanova University's mission. The University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and seeks candidates who understand, respect and can contribute to the University's mission and values.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Cultivate, Solicit, and Steward Young Alumni Donors: Identify and manage a portfolio of at least 125 to 150 young alumni prospects which includes primarily individuals with specific affiliation and/or giving interest to Villanova University. Work to establish and manage effective relationships with prospects and donors. Identify and evaluate potential donors; design and implement prospect cultivation and solicitation strategies; secure multi-year gift commitments. Conduct 15 to 18 prospect visits per month and provide stewardship for assigned prospects.
- Young Alumni Circle and President’s Club: Develop a comprehensive plan to increase the membership in and the total amount of dollars given to the University from YA Circle, President’s Club and President’s Club Associates. Create opportunities to cultivate, solicit, steward and engage undergraduate alumni from the last 20 years in these gift societies.
- Regional Events and Alumni Chapters: Work closely with Alumni Relations staff and the Regional offices to create opportunities to engage recent graduates with the University’s philanthropic priorities. This includes but is not limited to young alumni dinners, networking events and other events hosted to raise dollars for the University. Attend appropriate events and meetings to help leverage gifts and increase the participation rate among young alumni in targeted regions.
- Reunion Giving Program: Participate in the development of a comprehensive reunion giving program to grow the total amount of dollars raised during reunions and the percentage of alumni who are giving during their reunion year. Create opportunities to cultivate, solicit, steward and engage alumni celebrating their reunion.
- In conjunction with Director of Annual Giving, Associate Director of Annual Giving and other University Advancement staff, assist in coordinating development activities including but not limited to Homecoming, Reunion Weekend, and regional events.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Business/ Marketing/ Communications.
- Must have an understanding of fundraising, sales and/ or volunteer management. Experience with segmentation, direct marketing, and personal solicitation preferred.
- Two to four years of experience in fundraising/sales.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and the ability to work in a fast paced environment required. Excellent communication, interpersonal and analytical skills required. Must be well organized and detail oriented.
- Knowledge of general office equipment, including personal computers, word processing, Excel, Access and or other spreadsheet programs required. Knowledge of Banner or other fundraising software.
Physical Requirements and/or Unusual Work Hours
Evening and weekend work and travel required.
Special Message to Applicants
Posting Date: 12/20/2016
Closing Date (12am ET):
Open Until Filled:
Salary Posting Information: Commensurate with experience.
Salary Band: I
Job Classification: Exempt
To apply, visit: https://jobs.villanova.edu/postings/10305
Villanova is a Catholic university sponsored by the Augustinian order. Diversity and inclusion have been and will continue to be an integral component of Villanova University's mission. The University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and seeks candidates who understand, respect and can contribute to the University's mission and values. Villanova University is committed to providing leadership in the attainment of equal employment for all individuals. It is the policy and practice of Villanova University to recruit and select applicants on the basis of their qualifications and abilities. This effort is in compliance with all federal and state laws, including Title VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1975, Executive Order 11246, and the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Copyright ©2015 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency