The National Grocers Association is seeking a proactive, detail-oriented individual with a strong spirit of collaboration to join our Communications and Marketing team. The Communications and Media Relations Coordinator will support team members in various projects, including development of copy for internal and external communications pieces, creating content for social media posts, drafting press releases, and responding to media/trade press inquiries.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities are listed below. Other duties may be assigned.
- Works with Senior Director of Industry Relations, Communications and Marketing to help craft messaging related to association initiatives, including government relations, membership, and research programs.
- Drafts press releases, statements, talking points, and prepare reports on usage supporting statistics and analytics.
- Create content and copy for select communications pieces, including columns and op-eds, e-newsletters, correspondence, reports, and publications.
- Assist with writing, editing, and publishing of blog and social media postings.
- Alongside the Senior Director of Communications and Marketing, work to align communications and marketing strategies for various organizational events, projects, and initiatives.
- Compile and distribute daily media clips each morning.
- Works on special projects and other duties as needed to assist other groups within the Association.
- Ability to work efficiently as a part of a team or independently in a fast-paced, high-volume work environment.
- Highly organized with keen attention to detail.
- Ability to work on multiple projects with tight deadlines.
- Must possess a positive and proactive attitude along with excellent communication, specifically written, and interpersonal skills.
- Must be a self-starter, who is proactive and has a strong work ethic and can-do attitude.
- Willingness to learn and think outside the box.