Senior Director of Development, Leadership, Major and Planned Gifts – St. Paul, MN
In accordance with the organization’s strategic priorities, the Senior Director of Development, Leadership, Major and Planned Gifts strengthens and expands support from individuals and families, foundations, corporations and organizations for general operations and for specific programs and projects of Planned Parenthood Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota.
The Senior Director of Development serves as a key member of the Development team and works with donors across our tri-state region and beyond. All Development Officers and the Grants Manager report to this Senior Director of Development. This Senior Director of Development reports directly to the Executive Vice President and Chief Development Officer (EVP/CDO) and works closely with key executive staff of the organization, including the CEO.
This position is responsible for establishing metrics and accountabilities for all gift officers, which includes number of calls and face-to-face visits, and must attain specified annual fundraising goals. In collaboration with the EVP/CDO, this Senior Director of Development will work closely with the Board of Directors Development Committee, collaborate on appropriate donor-related cultivation and fundraising events, and enthusiastically support every team member by conducting business ethically and with integrity.
- Serve as a spokesperson for Planned Parenthood Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota.
- Help create the top-level strategic development vision and the details needed to execute the vision within the department and organization-wide.
- Anticipate external trends and organizational funding needs to adapt strategically.
- Strategy development and implementation for increasing annual support primarily of gifts $5,000 and greater and major project gifts of $25,000 and greater.
- Front-line visits; discovery, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship with donors and prospective donors maintaining donor portfolio of 75 donors.
- Production of a regular status report on prospect management and activity and fundraising results.
- Work with EVP/CDO, Finance, development operations staff, and gift planning staff to put in place systems for effectively tracking use and performance of restricted gifts and system for reporting back to donors their impact.
- Assist EVP/CDO with board development committee to ensure follow through and meaningful engagement for volunteers.
- Oversee the creation and implementation of strong events stewardship, annual gifts, foundation grants, major gifts and planned giving work plans and deliver on stated goals.
- Work collaboratively with Planned Parenthood program staff, executive team members, and board members to ensure the successful attainment of annual fund raising goals.
- Active member of organization’s Leadership Team and appropriate sub-committees designed to improve collaboration and communication across the organization.
Full-Time, Exempt. May include travel as well as evening and weekend events. This position is eligible for a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, flex accounts, long-term disability, life insurance, PTO, extended illness leave, volunteer time off, paid holidays, and 403(b) retirement plan.