Responsible for the overall direction of all field and project based transactional accounting functions and Fringe accounting for the ECM operating group serving (3) operating business units across multiple client contracts. Manages a centralized matrixed organization providing oversight, direction, and training while maintaining uniformity and creating greater efficiencies. Develops and implements best practices, talent development, policies, procedures, process improvements and internal controls in accordance with each client contract.
- Directs and manages a matrix organization in a cost effective and efficient manner utilizing and assigning talent as required across the start-up, maintenance and demobilization of all new and existing client contracts across all project sites.
- Oversees talent development, coaching and mentoring while utilizing and managing ECM's FAS training program. Provide resource management oversight on the deployment and tracking of staff putting the right talent in the right role.
- Develops, establishes, and implements Best Practices across the ECM group.
- Serves as a senior management client interface participating in Project Support Team activities. Responsible for ensuring that all client reimbursable activities are identified, tracked and recovered.
- Interprets and reviews all contract terms and conditions with FAS leadership to ensure all required financial activities are understood and adhered to for each contract.
- Interface with DZ Union Shop, DZ Open Shop / DZ Engineering Home Office, ECM Projects and Day & Zimmermann Corporate Accounting to ensure control and integrity of field accounting and administrative processes.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to create and maintain relationships with clients and employees. Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- General understanding of accounting functions and GAAP with the ability to apply concrete financial analysis concepts beyond simple adherence to detailed procedures and instructions, recommending solutions to unique issues.
- Ability to manage and direct a matrix organization. Ability to execute the strategic vision.
- Highly organized with the ability to juggle multiple priorities in a high volume environment.
- Strong detail orientation and ability to manage to and meet deadlines. Proficiency in software - MS Office Suite.
Diversity, Inclusion & Equal Employment Opportunity Day & Zimmermann is committed to maintaining an inclusive workforce, where employees are hired, retained, compensated and promoted based on their contributions to our Company. Our collective strength is rooted in over 110 years of diverse employees and businesses, commitment to success, and delivery on promises made. Federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity laws prohibit employment discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship status, veteran status and disability status. Day & Zimmermann is committed to providing an equal opportunity work environment in full compliance with these laws.