The Council of Insurance Agents & Brokers (trade association in Penn Quarter)
Seeking a Market Research Director
The Council is a progressive and creative association in Washington, D.C. representing leading national and international insurance brokers. We are at the forefront of an industry that protects assets, helps people, impacts our global economy and is at the center of change and innovation.
The bedrock of our culture is integrity, an entrepreneurial spirit, and a need to create results. And we have fun on top of it! This is not the kind of environment that hands you a playbook and walks you through how to achieve the mission. We give you the tools to succeed but expect you to explore, experiment, and ultimately generate ideas and solutions. We are a collaborative team but we require individual leaders and hands-on team players.
Our Strategic Resources & Initiatives (SRI) team is looking for a market research director. The objective of the SRI team is to provide thought-provoking, relevant and timely intelligence to our members. This intel helps them navigate change amongst a rapidly evolving business, economic and legislative climate, aids their strategic business decisions, supports their growth as leaders, and essentially helps advance their businesses. We deliver information through surveys, e-newsletters, our magazine, our website, webinars, leadership forums, peer-exchange groups, social media and more.
Who you are:
You are a natural self-starter that prefers a fast-paced environment with changing deliverables and projects. You are strategic and analytical, possessing a deep understanding of how to leverage data and analytics. You are thirsty for knowledge and are unrelenting when it comes to producing information. You are comfortable with having overarching goals with the freedom and responsibility to create the path forward yourself. You seek guidance when necessary and take direction but also enjoy leading. Your positive, dynamic attitude aligns with our positive, dynamic culture.
What you will do:
- Identify key macro and micro trends in the industry through robust research, leveraging data and analytics to produce meaningful insights
- Develop mechanisms to deliver qualitative and quantitative information i.e. comparison grids, profiles/snapshots and dashboards
- Deliver business intelligence through written and oral means including but not limited to surveys, e-newsletters, reports, webinars, The Council’s magazine and website, social media, presentations to internal teams and our members
- Drive the expansion of the research arm of The Council’s Foundation
- Participate in vendor selection and management of projects outsourced to third-party suppliers of primary and secondary research
For consideration email resume, cover letter and any supporting documents you wish to share to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please no third party, agency responses, no calls or walk-ins. Only applicants that apply through our requested procedure will be considered. The Council is an equal opportunity employer.