The Accounting function at the IIC will be responsible for establishing and monitoring compliance with accounting policies and procedures for transactions to ensure that the IIC's accounting and financial reporting is in compliance with US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (USGAAP); for assessing the accounting implications of new IIC activities and business events; for conducting and preparing financial records of IIC operations; and for monitoring, controlling and overseeing the accounting activities for the different products of the IIC (loans, grants, borrowings, investments, etc.)
The Finance Division (FNA/FDV) is looking for an enthusiastic individual possessing the right blend of analytical and collaborative thinking to execute strategic and day-to-day accounting activities as part of the Financial Reporting and Accounting team.
- Produce periodic financial reports for the IIC and the entities it manages.
- Prepare and review monthly journal entries and review system-generated journal entries for completeness and accuracy.
- Reconcile a range of financial reports, from basic to complex, on a routine basis.
- Collaborate across the Divisions of the IIC to improve financial reporting information.
- Participate in the development, implementation, and update of accounting policies, systems, and procedures that ensure the appropriate recording and financial reporting in accordance with US GAAP.
- Participate in the development of solutions to issues concerning financial reporting and internal controls.
- Collaborate across the divisions of the IIC and the IDB Group to improve financial reporting information.
- Respond to internal and external requests in a professional manner