The North Carolina Chapter of the American Institute of Architects (AIA North Carolina), a statewide professional association of 2,300 members, is seeking a full-time director to handle all programming and communications duties.
- AIA North Carolina Architecture– coordination, writing, layout, graphics, editing, and publishing
- AIA North Carolina Directory – coordination, writing, layout, graphics, editing, and publishing
- AIA North Carolina Design Awards Magazine - coordination, writing, layout, graphics editing and publishing
- Contacts and follows up with printers and direct mail service for timely execution of creative collateral.
- News & Notes weekly e-mail newsletter – write and distribute
- Staffing of Editorial Committee and PR Committee
- Maintain PR database
- Graphic design and brochure creation for conferences, special events, and continuing education
“Activate” Public Engagement Programming
- Coordinate “Activate” Public Engagement Programming for state and local components.
- Development and staffing of Special Programs
- Coordinate programs offered through AIA North Carolina Continuing Education Academy and work with volunteer continuing education committee on same
- Attend and staff various section meetings and programs
- Work with section leaders on PR activities as needed, i.e. Architecture Week
- Assist in development and implementation of the marketing plan for the programs to our membership, as well as other constituencies.
- Assist Continuing Education Committee in recruiting and organizing faculty participants for our CE programs.
- Develop the marketing materials (e.g. brochures, postcards and web site notices) for the AIA North Carolina CE Academy.
- Develop monthly OWLS programs & sponsors.
- Assist with Summer Design Conference, Legislative Day, Continuing Education Academy, and Leadership Training Conference
- Provide evaluations to Continuing Education participants in order to measure client satisfaction and develop better programs for the future.
- Record all program evaluations and distribute to Continuing Education Director on the AIANC Board and EVP.
- Process Continuing Education registrations
- Work with AIANC Director of Special Events to secure meeting facilities across the state to provide space for our CE events.
- Monitor all CE registrations and payments.
- Work with CE Committee to provide an on-site presence on the day of the event to handle check-in, registration and troubleshoot problems as needed.
- Record and report attendance of all CE Academy programs to the AIA recordkeeping center at AIA CES Discovery.
- Provide records as needed to CEO.
- Monitor and gauge program quality.
- File and maintain records relating to AIA/CES
- Staffing of Continuing Education Academy programs as needed.
Performs the following as needed
- Assist with office reception and phones when available
- Assist with day-to-day office duties
- Create form templates for use by sections (i.e. meeting announcements, board meeting notices, CE programs)