Completion of a Bachelor’s degree, social science background desirable (such as education, sociology, psychology, economics, political science, anthropology).
- Strong computer skills, including advance knowledge of and experience in using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint). Experience in HTML and social networking strategies strongly preferred, and experience using editing styles such as APA or Chicago also preferred.
- Desktop publishing skills. Experience with Photoshop and InDesign preferred.
- Dynamic and professional self-starter who is a motivated and organized quick learner with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to see and understand the big picture and translate into daily action lists, correspondence, and vigilant follow-up.
- Energetic and creative thinker who is engaged and resourceful with a can-do attitude.
- Must be flexible in nature and able to adapt to planned and unanticipated changes in a fast-paced work environment. Must be able to manage competing demands and deal with frequent changes, delays, or unexpected events.
- Strong organizational, prioritization, and time-management skills.
- The ability to focus on details, take ownership of a project and manage it to its ultimate, successful conclusion on deadline.
- Ability to work independently and as a supportive team member on multiple projects across functions.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, including mastery of grammar, spelling, and proofreading.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to collaborate with colleagues at all levels as well as interact with the public in person, by telephone, and by e-mail.
- Experience in publications and a sense of print and digital design and layout.
- Experience with writing content for online distribution.
- Ability and willingness to travel occasionally and to work outside of business hours when necessary.
Salary and Benefits:
Commensurate with experience and background.
Please submit your vita, cover letter, a list of three professional references, and salary requirements to Publications, Attention: Publications Associate Search, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be reviewed and telephone interviews will be conducted with selected candidates before finalists are invited for on-site interviews.
The American Educational Research Association is an equal employment opportunity employer.