Open Date: 12/23/2016
Job Category: Non-Exempt
Department: Dean - Humanites & Social Sciences
College/Unit: College of Humanities and Social Sc
Location: Logan Campus
Posting Duration: Open Until Filled
As a member of the College of Humanities and Social Sciences (CHaSS) Dean's Office staff, this position will work primarily with the CHaSS Development Officer communicating with donors and researching prospective donors. This position requires a highly professional, collegial, detail-oriented and experienced staff assistant, requiring a high level of confidentiality. This individual will primarily assist the development officer with administrative tasks, clerical support, and day-to-day operations. This is a full-time position Monday-Friday, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm.
- Perform administrative support tasks for the college development officer.
- General Office Duties:
- Coordinate all travel for CHaSS Development Officer;
- Assist Development Officer with stewardship of small donors (college and department level);
- Deposit donations;
- Assist with annual giving efforts;
- Schedule appointments for Development Officer;
- Thank you letters and mailings;
- Research donors as directed by the Development Officer (using Millennium Software);
- Some event planning;
- Provide a wide range of general staff assistant support as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Dept/College Highlights: www.chass.usu.edu
- Four years of related office work experience with increasing responsibilities, OR an associate's degree or certification(s) in a related field plus 2 years of related office work experience with increasing responsibilities, OR a bachelor's degree.
- Proficient computer skills using programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel, WordPerfect, PowerPoint and various internet site maintenance software.
- Knowledge of or ability to learn specialized systems.
- Must have exceptional customer service skills, with the ability to communicate in a professional manner, working with individuals from diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Ability to work with frequent interruptions, multi-task, and be self-motivated.
- Excellent organization, problem-solving skills, with proficiency in prioritizing and accomplishing tasks.
- Maintain high degree of confidentiality, sensitivity, and discretion.
- Effective oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- An excellent understanding of the English language, including spelling, grammar and letter writing; and excellent proofreading skills.
- Strong team orientation.
- Exhibit positive, helpful, and a self-starter attitude with team-members, as well as internal and external parties in a changing and fast-paced environment.
- This position requires excellent attendance and punctuality.
- Position requires sitting for extended periods, extended use of hands, fingers for keyboarding, and extended periods of computer entry.
- Periodic overtime may be required and will be discussed in advance.
- Successful applicant must satisfactorily pass a background check.
- Understanding of development.
- Knowledge of USU policies and procedures preferred.
- Advanced skills using Microsoft Office software.
- Experience with Millennium software program.
Opportunity Type: Full-Time w/benefits package
Percent of Time or Hours per Week: 40 Hours per week
Advertised Salary: Commensurate with experience, plus excellent benefits
See http://usu.hiretouch.com/job-details?jobid=2074 for more information and to apply online.
Employment in this position is contingent upon a satisfactory background check. Utah State University is an AA/EO Employer and encourages gender and ethnic diversity.