The selected, self-starting individual is the manager for the Greater Missouri & Southern Illinois Chapter events. The Manager, Signature Events will report to the Chapter’s Development Director and will collaborate and coordinate with national and regional teams, Chapter staff, and volunteer partners. The selected candidate will grow revenue and deliver successful events of the signature events program and help ensure signature events are positioned for significant, sustainable growth in a manner that allows donors and volunteers to exceed their JDRF related goals.
This staff member will champion a comprehensive strategic and integrated approach to fundraising, marketing, operations, volunteer engagement and coaching that will grow the program at all levels. The manager, special events will work closely with Chapter, Regional staff partners and other national support teams and provide essential program support to plan, strategize and execute on the highest impact priorities in order to exceed net budget and program goals.
- Assist in the development and delivery of overall JDRF Gala Program standards and strategy to maintain and expand on JDRF’s Gala fundraising best practices and annually grow the signature event revenue to meet the foundation’s strategic plan.
- Lead the development and delivery of chapter signature event fundraising plans that include core standards, key performance indicators, benchmarks and best practices in the areas of fundraising, donor, volunteer and guest experience.
- Search for opportunities to strengthen and grow JDRF Greater Missouri & Southern Illinois’ Gala through market and competitive analysis of Galas and other signature events outside of JDRF. This includes focusing on data review and identification of new and innovative fundraising or marketing ideas to ensure enhanced acquisition and retention of sponsors and Fund A Cure donors while ensuring the quality of the guest, donor and volunteer experience associated with all facets of the Gala campaign year round.
- Regularly evaluate Gala & Golf and other event performance to budget and benchmarks and share evaluation and recommendations with chapter, regional and national teams to provide insight into areas for opportunity and risk for Gala campaigns.
- Analyze all revenue streams, including local sponsorship, Fund A Cure, Auction, Join Me and matching gifts while pursuing trends grow both events in line with chapter and national strategic goals.
- Work with Development Director, Executive Director and National Director, Signature Events to review budgets and forecasts to inform Chapter of areas of opportunity and risk for Gala, Golf campaigns.
- Maintain the highest level of communications, insuring a collaborative approach and execution for all donors in a donor-centered environment
- Serve as the staff liaison for the Gala and Golf committees
- Maintain responsibility for the JDRF Challenge Events while positioning the challenge events to grow.
- Lead in the management and marketing of the Gala program to participants. This includes ensuring strong, local sponsorship plans, acquisition and retention plans for guests, donors and volunteers of the gala, staff and participant fundraising resources, and volunteer and staff training.
- Build a collaborative relationship with chapter and regional teams and work together to address opportunities to increase revenue. Ensure implementation of all core standards for Galas across the country, with a strong emphasis on sponsorship, honoree, Fund A Cure, audience and committee leadership development.
- Partner with national departments as assigned to develop strategies for program growth. This may include marketing, fundraising operations, donor services, donor experience, volunteer engagement, corporate, stewardship, etc.