DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop new sources of unrestricted income from events, individuals and local community partners, foundations and corporations.
- Plan and implement campaign strategies consistent with UNCF national action plans and policies.
- Develop and submit solicitation proposals and design and implement special fund-raising events.
- Write fundraising correspondence, letters of acknowledgment and appeals and maintain a regular schedule of in-person visits with foundations, donors and board members.
- Cultivate and steward relationships with current and potential high net-worth donors.
- Identify and recruit campaign leaders and advisory board members.
- Establish and maintain close, direct contact with local corporations, government, community, church and civic leaders to ensure top volunteer leadership.
- Establish and maintain liaison with volunteers and secure loaned executives.
- Develop and prepare campaign materials, communication and promotional programs in support of local fund-raising efforts.
- Supervise and coordinate staff activities related to records management in Raiser’s Edge database, maintaining current and accurate files on all donors, and ensuring security and quality controls.
- Interface with Accounting and Finance department to fulfill information requests and maintain reporting accuracy.
- Generate queries, reports, exports and other collection data as needed.
- Manage area office to ensure compliance with UNCF policies, procedures, rules and regulations.
- Conduct performance appraisals and recommend employment, termination, promotion, and training and development of subordinates.
May supervise one or more professional and/or administrative level staff.
Bachelor's degree (B.A.) and a minimum of 7-10 years’ experience in fund-raising, marketing or public relations. Masters’ degree preferred.
Candidate should possess the following competencies:
- Ability to conduct major fund raising activities, including capital campaigns and annual giving drives
- Excellent organizational and written/verbal communication skills
- Outstanding human relations and managerial skills
- Effectively present information to groups (managers, clients, customers, general public)
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to work with minimal supervision
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite