The Process Improvement Accounting Manager is responsible for developing a thorough understanding of accounting processes, to include, updating documentation, performing critical analysis, making recommendations for improvements, leading implementation of approved changes and otherwise managing assigned processes and training of business users in the accounting team.
- Develop a thorough understanding of accounting processes (such as the Investment Management module, CAM, Fixed Assets, Budgets), to include:
- Creating and/or updating documentation
- Performing critical analysis
- Making recommendations for improvements
- Leading implementation of approved changes
- Managing assigned Process Improvement Projects
- Share the knowledge of the accounting processes with all stakeholders and conducting coaching and training as appropriate.
- Gather information, solicit ideas, analyze gaps, prioritize potential projects based on management objectives, identify “quick wins” and recommend process enhancements or changes to drive efficiencies.
- For smaller projects, build project plans, timelines, roadmaps, and/or workflows based on input from stakeholders
- Support implementation teams through implementation of adopted recommendations.
- Assist with and/or develop protocol to ensure back end system changes, program code modifications, or software updates comply with internal policies, audit controls, and regulatory requirements.
- Recommend new and/or enhanced reports, prepare requirements and work with report writers to create. Validate the reports and refine with report writer until ready for the end-users to test and implement.
- Develop and continuously maintain a deep understanding of the Yardi system.
- Collaborate with internal and external customers, other accounting team members, IT, asset managers, portfolio managers, property managers and all necessary departments to successfully complete assigned process improvement projects. Utilize effective communication skills to facilitate team building, compiling and tracking of project tasks, and act as a “change agent” in support of improvement initiatives.
- Ensure prompt resolution of issues that arise post implementation of process improvements.
- Develop a solid understanding of the accounting processes for the assigned process improvement projects in order to be viewed as a valuable resource for those respective projects.
- Keep abreast of new industry developments, regulatory changes, management requirements, accounting system updates, accounting procedures, etc.
- Provide guidance on appropriate accounting processes to complete the task at hand.
- Track project progress, collect metrics, assess project ROI (Return on Investment), and prepare reports to communicate results.
- Assist with special projects, perform other accounting tasks to support other accounting teams, and other related duties as may be assigned.
At USAA Real Estate Company our employees enjoy generous benefits packages including business casual dress attire, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401k, USAA Membership eligibility, educational and professional designation assistance and much more! https://www.usrealco.com/careers/benefits.aspx. Qualified applicants must successfully complete a pre-employment background and drug screen. The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
USAA Real Estate Company is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer of Females, Minorities, Veterans and Disabled.