Function: The individual in this position coordinates the AFP Foundation for Philanthropy’s Annual Fund Program including the BE The CAUSE Campaign, Chapter Impact Campaign and Board Campaign. In addition, the individual oversees the Foundation’s data entry, reporting, and stewardship functions. The Development Manager works under the supervision of the Executive Vice President to provide coordination and support for fundraising efforts of the Foundation.
- Coordinates the annual fund campaign planning, messaging and implementation;
- Drafts solicitation appeal letters, acknowledgements, and other development-related materials;
- Coordinates content and production of communication materials for members, donors and chapter leadership;
- Coordinates the activities of board, chapter leadership, and other volunteer committees;
- Acts as key contact for donors with questions or comments related to their contributions;
- Oversees the development and maintenance of the donor database including gift processing and acknowledgement procedure;
- Oversees online giving program, Alpha Society monthly giving program, and website content development;
- Prepares weekly, monthly and annual fundraising reports;
- Drafts the Foundation’s section of AFP’s Annual Report;
- Acts as internal liaison between the Foundation and other AFP departments, such as Chapter Services, Membership Services, Public Affairs and Accounting;
- Assists in identification and cultivation of major donor prospects;
- Assists with budget development projections and evaluation of tools and processes that effect the Annual Fund program;
- Assists in the preparation of reports, minutes, and customized campaign materials for internal and external use; and
· Coordinates updates to Foundation website pages
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of the nonprofit sector and the fundraising profession.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Computer literacy including extensive knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Access
- Experience with databases, preferably fundraising databases (Current Database: Personify)
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to interact effectively with volunteers, members, staff and vendors.
- Ability to set priorities, coordinate multiple projects, coordinate multiple committees, handle details, and work effectively under pressure, all with minimum supervision.
- Works closely with the Development Assistant
Effects on End Results:
The person in this position will assist the AFP Foundation for Philanthropy in meeting its goals of improving stewardship, building operational infrastructure, and running a successful annual giving program. This will be accomplished through a high level of customer service and coordination of program activities. The desired result is to increase funds raised for AFP strategic initiatives.