Germantown Friends School HR Generalist
The GFS HR Generalist is a highly motivated, individual who will work closely with HR, faculty and staff. This position will assist the Director, HR to build the HR function from the ground up…participating in many specialized HR consulting types of projects. Special focus and skills are required for compensation and benefits systems, analytics and report writing capabilities. Accounting, business or computer science degree and 3-6 years’ experience a plus.
- Provides reporting and analytics for annual salary review and compensation planning
- Acts as the primary contact for all general benefits, pay and general administration questions.
- Maintains HRIS
- Develops and maintains a human resource information system that meets the organization's personnel information, analysis and reporting needs.
- Responds to questions relative to HR and benefit plans, policies and procedures
- Manages recruiting and interviewing process for staff positions
- On-boarding of new personnel
- Participates on committees and special campus-wide projects and change initiatives. Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to continuously improve our work environment
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Germantown Friends School is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in its student body, faculty and staff. The school does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected class status. People demonstrating a commitment to diversity and multiculturalism in education are encouraged to apply. For more information about the school, please visit our website at www.germantownfriends.org.
Candidates should submit a cover letter and resume:
Germantown Friends School
31 W. Coulter St.
Philadelphia, PA 19144