NASSP seeks an individual who will be responsible for the development and delivery of high-quality products and a certification of principals at the mastery level. NASSP is developing these products and certification program to support its strategic intent of developing school leaders to shape the future of American education.
Under the direction of the Director of Professional Learning (PL), this individual will be part of the leadership team that develops, launches, and strengthens a portfolio of revenue-producing products. These products will support school leaders throughout their careers – from their initial preparation to demonstrating their mastery. They include: an inbox assessment, leadership 3600 survey, school climate survey, and principal certification at the mastery level.
- Serves as a key member of the Professional Learning product and certification design and development team who, under the leadership of the PL Director creates a suite of products and the Certification of Advanced Principals (CAP) program to support school leaders throughout their careers.
- Using the agreed-upon design and development methodology, directs and conducts the activities to develop the product portfolio and CAP program.
- Coordinates the activities of appropriate PL staff, consultants, task force members, and NASSP teams to ensure the quality and timeliness of the product/CAP development and launch.
- Develops the metrics to monitor the on-going product quality, stakeholder utilization, and revenues for each product and CAP program. Ensures the comparison of the metrics to planned outcomes.
- Provides direction for the scoring process by developing and implementing plans, coordinating activities and monitoring quality and timeliness of performance. Plans, recruits, and trains the scoring sites and scoring site directors.
- Manages the research and validity studies that demonstrate validity and reliability of the CAP program.
- Serves as a liaison to other NASSP departments, consultants, vendors, and key stakeholders by preparing and communicating key project information.
- Collaborates with external stakeholders to advocate for the CAP and other PL products and promotes the CAP and product suite by demonstrating their value, delivering ancillary products (e.g., accessible and supportive research regarding efficacy, best practices, online communities), presenting at professional conferences, etc.
- Once launched, manages on-going operations, supports school district implementation, provides customer support, and recommends and implements CAP and product-suite improvements.
- Serves as the business-owner for the CAP program to develop and implement strategies that promote its adoption by school districts, identify channels for principal recruitment, and drive sales. Coordinates with NASSP leadership, consultants, and other vendors to develop and coordinate the implementation of marketing and sales strategies.
- Takes on and completes in a timely and high-quality fashion other duties as assigned.