As a leadership member of the fundraising management team, the Executive Director of Development is responsible for overseeing a fundraising program primarily for existing and emerging donors to the university. This position could be responsible for the supervision of development staff members.
Link to Apply: Job REQ #170847
POSITION KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Emphasis on pledges/gifts exceeding $1,000,000 for both current use and endowment.
- Manages a principal gift portfolio of existing and prospective donors, primarily individuals; may be assigned to manage oversight of presidential and vice presidential prospects
- Facilitates key donor visits for the school Dean's academic leadership and the University President.
- Develops and implements moves management strategies including written briefing materials for principal gift prospects.
- Works closely with other university staff and major gift officers to develop collaborative strategies as appropriate.
- Stewards gifts to the institution, including preparing written reports, coordinating donor site visits, and meeting with donors to report on gift impact.
- Works collaboratively, proactively, and in a professional, service-oriented manner to further the development goals of the University.
- Works closely with the Development Office's planned giving, corporate and foundation relations development officers to advance opportunities that would benefit the institution.
- Participates in University development meetings as appropriate. Attends events/special functions as required.
- Works to achieve annual goals as established by Development leadership.
- Works with University leadership and faculty to formalize annual plans, and develops strategies for achieving the principal gift goals.
- Serves as an example of best practices and professionalism to all institutional staff.
- Manages Human Resources activities for direct reports in regards to: recruiting and selection, hiring and termination, training, professional development, mentoring, counseling, performance evaluations, and salary planning.
- Responsible for the design, execution and effectiveness of a system of internal controls which provides reasonable assurance that operations are effective and efficient, assets are safeguarded; financial information is reliable and compliant with applicable laws, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.