Reporting to the Director of Institutional Giving, the Institutional Giving Coordinator helps to develop and expand Curtis’s corporate, foundation, and government relationships to secure essential resources for Curtis. This position works across the organization to achieve annual fundraising goals and is essential to the comprehensive Advancement team effort.
- Coordinates and stewards the Curtis Corporate Partners program through appeals, acknowledgement letters, and reports
- Oversees delivery of membership/sponsorship benefits, including –
- complimentary and discounted tickets
- program ads
- all mailings (invitations, newsletters, annual reports, CDs, etc.)
- Coordinates special events for the corporate community including the cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of corporate prospects for the annual Curtis gala
- Prepares Letters of Inquiry (LOIs), proposals, and supplementary materials needed for grant applications up to $10,000 within established deadlines
- Prepares acknowledgement letters as well as select interim and final grant evaluations
- Oversees stewardship mailings (invitations, newsletters, annual reports, CDs, etc.) and complimentary ticket distribution
- Assists the Executive Assistant and Donor Relations Coordinator in the creation and final editing of faculty chair and other reports
- Supports the fellowship program by assisting with the annual fellowship luncheon, student holiday cards, and new student orientation, among other projects
- Monitors various industry and government sources in search of relevant Requests for Proposals (RFPs), news items, and other useful information
- Gathers and summarizes information on key prospects to provide overviews that include relationships with Curtis, giving histories, current missions, and programmatic focuses
- Participates in prospect management meetings, contributing to the overall prospect identification, cultivation, and solicitation process
- Working closely with the Director of Advancement Data Services, oversees database maintenance for institutional records, including corporations, foundations, government agencies, and other organizations
- Maintains accurate contact information for institutional donors and prospects, including names, titles, addresses, phone, e-mail, etc.
- Establishes and maintains professional relationships with corporate and foundation representatives through both on-campus and off-site visits
- Shepherds the institutional giving calendar to ensure timely submissions of grant proposals and reports
- Coordinates recognition and cultivation of institutional donors, e.g., proofing donor listings, sponsor credits, and logo placement; arranging meetings; managing reception invitations, etc.
- Coordinates the design and develops content of institutional giving website pages, newsletter articles, e-communications, and press releases with External Affairs and Patron Engagement personnel
- Manages student workers and interns as their work relates to Institutional Giving needs
- Maintains the Data Arts, GuideStar, and Grants.gov profiles annually with assistance from Curtis Controller, HR manager, External Affairs and Patron Engagement personnel, and the Department of Artistic Programs and Performance
- Assists overall Advancement Department needs with regard to special events, copy editing and proofreading, mailings, etc.