Associate Director of Development
College of Pharmacy
University of Illinois at Chicago
The College of Pharmacy at the University of Illinois at Chicago seeks a full-time Associate Director of Development to continue to build its fundraising and engagement programs across the College in support of the strategic plan for the College and its departments.
The University of Illinois at Chicago’s College of Pharmacy is one of the top Pharmacy programs in the world. A vibrant, best-in-class advancement program is one of the key elements of our strategy to maintain and enhance that stellar international reputation. The Associate Director of Development will be responsible for securing major gifts and will have the stature and support needed to continue to build and maintain it. Working with over 9,000 high-achieving and entrepreneurial alumni, in the last two years, Pharmacy at Illinois:
- Secured its largest gift in the college’s history.
- Significantly expanded private support for large, renewable scholarships.
- Broke all-time giving records in strategic areas over the last three years.
The Associate Director of Development reports to the Assistant Dean for Advancement in the College of Pharmacy. The Associate Director will work collaboratively with respective college Associate Deans, the campus Office of Corporate Relations, other development officers, alumni relations, and participate in events across campus to devise strategies for all aspects of donor cultivation and stewardship, to engage donors and corporations in support of the college
The position is responsible for the development and management of a significant portfolio of individuals, corporations, foundations and other institutions for the purpose of attaining/retaining major and planned gifts by identification, cultivation and solicitation of key donors; The Associate Director will develop and implement comprehensive strategic plans for multi-channel marketing and solicitation strategies, donor stewardship, alumni communication, participation and giving, as well as ways to cultivate individual prospects and maintain long-term, productive relationships to strengthen engagement with the College and University. Key duties may include but are not limited to the following;
- Build and maintain productive working relationships with academic department heads, laboratory directors, faculty and administrators throughout the College of Pharmacy in order to thoroughly understand their programs and priorities and to both assist them in managing their respective advancement activities and represent their needs.
- Utilize College-specific knowledge to involve donor prospects in the mission, life and priorities of the College
- Manage a personal portfolio of high-level major prospects, using a focused and accountable approach of strategy development and implementation using statistical and subjective analysis to determine and prioritize lists of alumni and other stakeholders for personal visits
- In conjunction with the Assistant Dean for Advancement, implement a comprehensive development strategy to address the specific needs of the College and its units
- Suggest giving vehicles and opportunities to potential donors as it relates to specific college objectives
- Monitor annual budget and collaborate with Finance officers on day-to-day financial operations
- Track development activity and donor interaction; develop, analyze and present in depth research, metrics and reports on prospect pool/donor segments, benchmarks, successes and growth
- Maintain a travel schedule of 10% including some evenings and weekends
Salary is competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience. The position is available immediately.