ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following: Other duties may be assigned.
1. Provide strong vision and staff leadership for a dynamic donor-centered program of acknowledgment, recognition, engagement and stewardship.
2. Maintain a close and collaborative relationship with the development team; Create engagement and stewardship opportunities by reviewing daily gifts.
3. Formulate and execute strategies and tactics that foster long-term relationships with donors including recognition initiatives, meetings with the President and senior College officials, select events, and strategic communications.
4. In partnership with the Executive Directors within Institutional Advancement, the Director of the Campaign, and gift officers, adapt and personalize cultivation and stewardship strategies; work in close collaboration with the Assistant Director of Advancement Services for all matters related to donor relations and stewardship.
5. Plan and oversee the implementation of individualized donor engagement and stewardship opportunities. Help develop and implement customized strategies to acknowledge and steward principal/leadership donors, Board members, VIPs, and key volunteers.
6. Create customized acknowledgment letters and engagement for key campaign donors.
7. Develop and coordinate plan to manage donor recognition societies and signage, including creating an inventory of existing plaques; Create and maintain published donor lists.
8. Manage a portfolio of “lifetime gift” donors to cultivate and steward.
9. Collaborate with the Exec. Dir. of Org Planning and Events to plan and implement major gift and planned gift donor recognition and select high-level cultivation/stewardship events, working to develop overarching event strategy, invitations, guest lists, program scripts, briefings, and awards.
10. Coordinate with appropriate colleagues across campus to spotlight significant accomplishments to the donor community or to promote donor engagement, including but not limited to the annual Scholarship Lunch, and the Donor Recognition event.
11. Work within the auspices of the allotted budget as determined by the Executive Directors of Development and Executive Director of Alumni Relations and Engagement.
12. Partner with Development and Advancement Services to respond to special needs and requests of donors.
13. Create stewardship reports to educate, engage, inspire and thank our top donors for their generosity, including the coordination of general stewardship programs, personalized communications, letters and web-based information and an annual impact piece.
14. Establish and manage information tracking processes regarding acknowledgement, recognition, ongoing communications and continued cultivation of past and current major donors to enhance their relationship with the University and increase the likelihood of continued contributions.
15. Recommend and facilitate on-and off-campus publicity of major gifts and donors with Marketing/Communication. Advises on and facilitates the recognition of donors in both print and Web-based publications.
16. Establish and maintain a structured, systematic program for restricted gift stewardship reporting, which will outlast changes in staff and assure perpetual and mutually beneficial relationships with donors.
17. Manage new donors by welcoming and thanking them with new donor packets.
18. Manage the production of acknowledgment letters to all donors of $1,000 or more and specific acknowledgement required by the President, Vice President for Institutional Advancement and the Chair of the Board of Trustees.
19. Aggressively gather information on each project to achieve quality stewardship opportunities.
20. Assist with the preparation of nametags, materials, notebooks, packages, gift bags, registration lists, seating cards, etc. and assist with managing on-site production and cleanup for events as necessary.
21. Assist with preparing budgets and provide periodic progress reports to staff directors for each event project.
22. Keep track of event finances including check requests, invoicing, and reporting.
23. Coordinate scheduling of events on the calendar.
24. Prepare and modify event contracts as requested.