The University of North Carolina has enjoyed a long-standing place among leaders in higher education since it was chartered in 1789 and opened its doors for students in 1795 as the nation's first public university. Situated in the beautiful college town of Chapel Hill, N.C., Carolina has earned a reputation as one of the best universities in the world. Carolina prides itself on a strong, diverse student body, academic opportunities not found anywhere else, and a value unmatched by any public university in the nation.
Carolina Development is proud of its donor-centered philosophy, pursuing activities that always respect the interests and intentions of the donor as well as the University. The organization's collaborative nature is a critical component to fulfilling our mission of raising private funds to benefit the university. The university is in the early stages of planning its next comprehensive campaign and is currently recruiting top national talent to join the team.
Carolina Development is seeking applications for the position of Director of Annual Giving-Direct Marketing. Reporting to the Executive Director of Annual Giving, the Director will oversee and drive the strategy for a multi-channel, donor-centric communications program, including direct mail, telephone constituency engagement, email, crowd funding, and other digital strategies. The Director will manage the direct marketing team.
Annual Giving Leadership:
- Provide leadership to and management of telephone outreach program vendor responsible for the day-to-day operation of the University’s phonathon program. Serve as primary interface and liaison with the external operating vendor to ensure University and school/unit priorities are being supported by the telephone outreach program efforts.
- Focus on effective communication and solicitation activities within specific market segments identified as having potential for the greatest growth.
- Partner with schools and units to determine annual giving goals and build strategic and tactical plans for achieving these goals.
- Research the newest technologies and techniques in constituency outreach and design test segments to develop solicitation best practices.
- Utilize data and analytics to drive solicitation and communication strategies.
- Serve as an effective partner to Development Communications and Prospect, Management and Analytics teams.
- Oversee the development of systems and processes to increase the efficiency of the department, in collaboration with the Executive Director.
- Provide comprehensive leadership of the Direct Marketing team, which includes supporting the day-to-day functionality of the office, as well as leading the teams recruitment, hiring, training, mentoring, evaluating, and professional development activities.
- Effectively manage operating budget(s), which includes monitoring transactions and participating in budget modeling and forecasting processes.
- Serve as an active and collaborative partner to all central and unit-based development functions and other campus colleagues, to foster strategic, and collaborative fundraising practices.
- Carry out other such responsibilities as may be assigned by the Executive Director of Annual Giving and senior management.
Please apply online at http://unc.peopleadmin.com/postings/112432. All candidates must apply online and submit a cover letter and resume.
The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and welcomes all to apply regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We also encourage protected veterans and individuals with disabilities to apply.
Additional questions about the application process may be directed to Lisa Waldeck, HR Consultant at 919-962-0015 or Lisa_Waldeck@unc.edu.