Manager, Talent Management
The University of Delaware
The Talent Management Manager at the University of Delaware is a valued member within the University and Department of Intercollegiate Athletics and Recreation Services (DIARS), upholding and embracing the departmental mission of “Inspiring Greatness Together.”
The incumbent is responsible for fostering a commitment to diversity and inclusiveness throughout all levels of the organization, including but not limited to, staffing and programming. The incumbent is responsible for the creation, execution and evaluation of a comprehensive Talent Management program that focuses on the recruitment, development and retention of our Athletic Department and Recreation Services team members. This Manager is also responsible for the design, development and implementation of learning programs for the Department which will align with learning curriculum and outcomes for student-athlete development programs. The Manager will closely collaborate with the Sr. Associate AD for Student Services/Sport Administration and Assistant Director for Student Services and Leadership for the delivery of learning programs to ensure this alignment.
Interactions are extensive, both within and outside the department, including Senior University Administration (e.g., President, Provost, EVP, VP & General Counsel, etc.), Board of Trustees, University offices of the Registrar, Student Financial Services and Admissions, all members of Athletics and Recreation Services, institutional representatives from visiting institutions, outside group representatives, parents, alumni, fans and general public.
(40%) Responsible for the Athletic Department & Recreation Services recruitment and retention strategy. This includes but is not limited to:
- Responsible for the creative and strategic direction for the implementation of an efficient and effective reactive professional staff and coaches recruiting process.
- Provide management oversight, counsel and recommendations to the hiring manager on the staff structure, position responsibilities and creation or update of position description.
- Manage the applicant and resume review process and screen applicants to provide hiring manager with highest quality candidates.
- Provide recommendations for and manage an efficient and effective screening and interview process. Provide salary recommendations to assist hiring manager in presenting a competitive and equitable salary offer.
(10%) Responsible for the creation, implementation and evaluation of a national and branded pro-active recruitment strategy and marketing and engagement program that assists in the development of a national talent pool for professional staff and coaches. This includes but is not limited to:
- Conduct pro-active sourcing for through social networking, industry connections and referrals.
- Create an employee referral program. Review metrics of program to help in creating enhanced visibility and success in hires.
- Attend regional and national conferences.
- Network both internally and externally to identify potential candidates.
- Serve as the recruitment, general human resources and employee relations point person.
- With the University’s central Human Resources Compensation group, responsible for the creation, implementation and evaluation of position descriptions, position market reviews, the mapping of positions to accurate market titles within the university, and compensation.
- Utilizes analytical skills to create helpful reporting tools and use to guide future decision making for evaluation of all programs
(50%) Responsible for designing, developing and implementing learning programs through consultation and collaboration with The Athletic Department and Recreation Services Community subject matter experts. This position is also responsible for enhancement of the training environment, which includes learning and applying new technology, tools, and support that enhance the Athletic Department and Recreation Services Community’s learning experience. This position partners with departmental and university colleagues in providing support for the recruitment and retention of staff within the Athletic Department and Recreation Services Community:
- Researches, designs, develops and delivers content of learning programs covering areas such as Orientation/Onboarding, Coach Curriculum, Leadership Development, and other programs as needed. Collaborates with the central Human Resources Employee Development group.
- Consults on onboarding programming and initiatives, ensuring strong links to advanced programming.
- Collaborates for alignment with student-athlete development programs.
- Identifies experts within the department and university community to partner and collaborate with to ensure quality programs and resources are developed and delivered.
- Through work with Sr. Leadership Team and department experts, identifies and facilitates delivery of core learning programs including, but not limited to additional learning sessions for new hires
- Leads design of new learning programs, partnering with department colleagues on program communication/marketing and selection.
- Identifies experts within the Department and across the University to partner and collaborate with to ensure quality programs and resources are developed and delivered.
- Aids subject matter experts’ delivery of training in varying formats (e.g, case studies, simulations, classroom seminars or workshops, job aids, podcasts, online learning). Presents information and provides contextual facilitation as needed.
- Responsible for an informal and formal needs assessment of the learning, retention and performance needs.
- Partners to deliver and support Talent Management retention and organizational effectiveness programs, including the establishment of a mentoring program, Talent Management metrics and other initiatives as needed
- Responsible for the creation, development and evaluation of a comprehensive department wide internship program.
- Assists the team in moving toward a future training environment by strategic planning, researching new tools / vehicles and developing learning environment resources, such as training templates, technologies and methodologies. Participates in professional organizations to network in the training community and gain new knowledge in the field.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of Human Resources; ideally in the change management, recruitment learning/training field with experience in both design and delivery.
- Experience managing staff.
- Proven strong facilitation, networking and partnering skills with highly developed engagement techniques and client relationship management skills.
- Must be a team player and thrive in a collaborative environment, while at the same time be able to work independently on specific activities to ensure project deadlines are met.
- Strong experience leading projects and partnering with people at varying levels to drive to a common goal.
- Must be a team player and thrive in a collaborative environment.
- Proven ability to lead projects to meet customer expectations, and be proactive in raising and/or dealing with issues as they arise.
- Ability to prioritize work for self and others, strong organizational and interpersonal skills, and adeptness at handling detail; Ability to multitask is key
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral are essential; the ability to write clearly and concisely for various mediums is desirable
- A high degree of creativity, initiative, and resourcefulness is required
- Ability to maintain highly confidential information on a variety of sensitive subjects
For a complete list of requirements and job duties and to apply online, please visit the UDJOBS website at www.udel.edu/udjobs Job ID 104296
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of Delaware is an Equal Opportunity Employer which encourages applications from minority group members, women, individuals with a disability and veterans. The University's Notice of Non-Discrimination can be found at http://www.udel.edu/aboutus/legalnotices.html. Employment offers will be conditioned upon successful completion of a criminal background check. A conviction will not necessarily exclude you from employment.