Under the direction of the Director, Member Services, the Member Services Coordinator functions as a support (along with Member Services team) for the entire Society. Member Services staff are the first line of support for the Society’s members and customers, and a positive attitude and a genuine desire to assist others is essential. The Member Services Coordinator is responsible for providing professional, quality and efficient customer service to all patrons of the Endocrine Society.
In addition to the routine responsibilities of the department, this Member Services Coordinator position will also have specific responsibilities that go above and beyond the routine daily customer service tasks. The individual must have an in-depth knowledge of the Society’s educational products.
What you'll bring to the job:
- Strong oral and written communication skills (grammar, voice and diction)
- Minimum of Associate’s degree or equivalent experience required
- 3 years of office experience required
- Excellent customer service skills (friendly, courteous and helpful)
- Strong organization skills and data entry skills
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Strong independent problem solving skills
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks, meet deadlines and work well under pressure
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- Proficiency in AMS software, netFORUM preferred
- Fluency in Spanish is a plus
We believe in and empower our staff. We know that with our investment in their growth, they have an even greater potential to contribute to our organization. Our core values embody the character and culture of our staff – they guide our decision making, interactions and how we serve our members. As an organization, we are committed to: demonstrating responsible stewardship, treating one another with trust and mutual respect, supporting work life balance, sustaining an inclusive environment, and fostering an environment that encompasses communication, service, collaboration, results & innovation.
What you'll own:
- Responding to customer email, telephone and written inquires in a professional and friendly manner. Provides timely feedback to supervisor regarding any repetitive customer service concerns and any technical or support problems.
- Processing payments and/or refunds for all Society purchases, including annual membership dues renewals, journal subscriptions, product and book orders, meeting registrations, Hormone Health Network contributions, and any other payments which run through the Society’s Association Management System (AMS)/database.
- Generating invoices and receipts at the request of Society members and customers, or as defined by established department procedures.
- Processing subscription claims for missing journals per the department’s established procedures.
- Assisting with the processing of new membership applications and changes to membership status.
- Assisting members in registering for a meeting, submitting an abstract, or purchasing a product through the Society’s website and 3rd party vendors.
- Supporting the accuracy of inputting and tracking all member related participation in the Society’s AMS (netFORUM).
- Performing various database maintenance.
What you'll do well:
- Exhibit high level of customer service and identify ways to improve service procedures/levels within own position.
- Demonstrate proficiency in all aspects of Society membership eligibility and criteria.
- Provide real-time support via phone, email or online chat for Society members and customers.
- Demonstrate in-depth knowledge of the Society’s Learning Management System (LMS) and how it interacts with accrediting boards.
What you'll get out of it:
- Working with a staff that has passion for our mission, believes in one another and has fun.
- The chance to work in an environment that empowers staff to take informed risks and create new programs and services.
- A chance to contribute in a fun job with room to make it your own.
- A strong and competitive salary and benefits package that focuses on your well-being and financial health.
Endocrine Society offers a convenient downtown DC locationwithin walking distance of Farragut North/Farragut West andFoggy Bottom Metro stations. Qualified candidates interested in a purposeful work environment, competitive salaries andexcellent benefits, including a generous TIAA-CREF retirement plan with 10% employer contribution. Qualified candidates should submit resume and cover letter with salary requirements.
When applying to this position, you will be directed to an external job application site hosted by ADP. If you are a first-time user, please register for your unique login information before applying for this position.