If it impacts technology, IEEE has it covered. We publish technical journals, organize conferences and develop technology standards that help technological professionals exchange ideas, expand their knowledge, and move forward in their fields. With more than 400,000 members, IEEE is the world’s largest professional association advancing technology for the benefit of humanity. We are a catalyst for exciting breakthroughs in computing, sustainable energy systems, aerospace, communications, robotics, healthcare, and many other disciplines that improve the quality of life. Discover your future as part of the IEEE team. Consider the following opportunity:
Chapter Relations Manager
Apply now at https://ieee.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?job=MEM0000011L
The desired outcome of this position is to increase professional/student membership and expansion of the programs. The incumbent is accountable for the society's student engagement programs, establishing strong relationships with professional and student chapter’s volunteers and members, establishing the role as knowledge expert on all matters pertaining to the society's student and chapter’s activities, and providing support to the Geographic Unit Operation programs. He or she will develop innovative communication vehicles to engage current and future leadership. This role typically reports to a director and will not have any direct reports.
- Develop and execute strategies and tactics, project plans, financial and data analyses for programs in support of professional and student chapter growth and vitality, member recognition, and membership development.
- Serve as the principal staff liaison to the CS Geographic Unit Operations and Awards & Recognition programs and other staff.
- Serve as data analytics expert (BMS and SAMIEEE proficiency) to support CS MGA programs and operations.
- Manage the development of communications, collateral, and websites in support of essential functions, including maintaining website content.
- Work with the Director to create and modernize chapter leadership training programs for CS volunteers participating in chapter and student activities.
- Build and maintain relationships with chapter leaders by establishing regular contact including but not limited to chapter chair webcasts, newsletters and bulletins related to chapters and the execution of CS’s professional and student strategy.
- Provide staff support to various Committees and meetings, including meeting planning (in-person and electronically), agenda development and documentation of meeting minutes and action items.
- Target areas where no chapters exist, work with local membership to create chapters to meet member needs.
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required.
- Six or more years’ experience in program administration and support required.
- Experience with a non-profit organization is desirable.
- Experience with databases, data analysis, reporting and budgeting.
- Must be able to organize, coordinate and handle several projects simultaneously with strong attention to detail.
- Must possess strong written and oral communication skills.
- Must be able to work with Staff, Volunteers, Committee and all other parties in a professional manner.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving ability required.
- Must be able to frequently develop and communicate information to volunteer and staff audiences of 15 to 20 people.
Join us in an environment where people look forward to coming to work! IEEE offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental, 401(k) plan with company match, a defined contribution retirement plan, a tuition reimbursement program, flexible spending accounts, company paid life insurance, and a business casual dress code.
Please apply online by going to this URL: https://ieee.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?job=MEM0000011L
Only those resumes that go through the URL from the web address will be considered. NO THIRD PARTIES PLEASE.
For information on work demands and conditions required for this position, please consult the reference document, “Physical, Mental, and Work Environment Standards for IEEE Positions.” This position is classified under Category I – Office positions.
IEEE is an EEO/AAP Employer/Protected Veteran/Disabled
Disclaimer: This job description outlines the general nature and key features performed by various positions that share the same job classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties and qualifications required of all employees assigned to the job. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or re-assign duties to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodations or other business reasons.
Visit www.ieee.org to view details about open positions in one of our four offices:
Los Alamitos, CA; New York City; Piscataway, NJ; & Washington, DC.
The IEEE is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.