Manager, Internal Auditor, Brookfield Asset Management LLC, New York, NY. Plan and execute operational and financial audit engagements, and other consulting, and advisory services. Perform risk assessment, audit program design, and preparation of audit working papers in accordance with the standards of the Institute of Internal Auditors. Develop risk based audit plans, programs, and risk matrices for audit engagements. Provide audit findings based on facts, severity and risk. Identify causes of deficient conditions and provide recommendations.
Interact with management and staff and discuss audit results with the appropriate management level. Establish and maintain effective working relationships with clients. Research and review current and new legislation, policies and procedures. 40 hrs/week, Mon-Fri, 8:30am – 5:30 pm.
Must have a Bachelor's degree, or foreign equivalent, in Accounting, Finance or a related field, plus 3 years of related work experience in a public accounting firm.
Must also possess the following experience:
- 2 years of corporate industry experience with emphasis on financial and accounting applications, and financial and operations controls;
- 1 year of experience managing audits, including the management of projects involving multi-disciplined, cross functional and interdependent departments;
- Managing teams of audit professionals in a corporate environment, including managing external auditors, internal auditors, consultants, and compliance professionals;
- Working with SOX and COSO 2013 frameworks and performing deficiency assessments for SOX year-end procedures;
- Using anti-fraud procedures, controls and investigation techniques, and ERM frameworks;
- Working in accordance with regulatory obligations as they relate to SEC reporting and funds management;
- Working with financial systems implementation and evaluation techniques; and,
- Performing financial risk assessment using IFRS.
Must possess one of the following certifications: CPA/CA, CIA, CISA, or CFE.
Travel up to 30% required.
Please apply to: Xiomara Ramos, Brookfield Asset Management LLC, 250 Vesey Street, 15th Floor, New York, NY 10281. (Ref: MIABAM)