Big Brothers Big Sisters of NYC seeks a Manager of Philanthropy to take ownership of approximately $500,000+ of a $10+ million revenue budget. The Manager of Philanthropy will be a proven sales and fundraising professional. The successful candidate will be responsible for the entire sales engagement and selling cycle (from qualifying to closing new revenue prospects) for potential Individual and Corporate Partners. This is an exciting opportunity for a skilled sales and development professional to hit the ground running and make a significant impact on BBBS of NYC’s capacity to serve even more New York City Youth through our mentoring programs.
Reporting to the Vice President, Corporate Relations and Workplace Mentoring with dotted line responsibility to the Chief Development Officer, the Manager of Philanthropy will be responsible for researching, developing, cultivating and closing new business with corporate and individual donors.
The Manager of Philanthropy will serve as a frontline fundraiser and deal closer with a strong work ethic, entrepreneurial mindset and a passion for BBBS of NYC’s mission. The successful candidate will have a proven track record of the start to finish selling cycle. The Manager of Philanthropy will also collaborate with senior executives at BBBS of NYC and will actively participate in external events, presentations and cultivation opportunities where current supporters and prospects will be present.
- Bachelor’s degree required and at least 3-5 year’s experience with demonstrated success in corporate/cause related partnerships, account management, sales, business development and/or individual giving.
- Ability to cultivate and prospect for new partners to increase sales, corporate and individual giving to meet budgeted goals annually.
- Proven ability to develop and execute a plan including goals, metrics, strategy and tactics.
- Proven track record of setting clear, measurable goals, tracking progress against them, and attaining high levels of sales success and achieving revenue goals.
- Ability to build and implement an evaluation tool for Individual Giving including annual benchmarks.
- Excellent research skills and experience leveraging all information at your disposal to qualify and track donor prospects.
- Ability to build relationships with individuals with diverse personalities and styles and at different levels of seniority.
- Flexibility and the demonstrated ability to think quickly, creatively and thrive in a fast-paced environment while working under multiple deadlines.
- Excellent written, oral and presentation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, customer service, courtship of prospects.
- Strong emphasis on teamwork, approachability, upbeat & positive voice, unflappable personality, calm and confident.
- Strong negotiation skills and ability to build consensus amongst multiple stakeholders.
- Leverage existing BBBS of NYC programming, brand and events (including sponsorship opportunities and organizational tent-pole events) to bring in new funding
- Must be available to work outside of standard business hours including some nights and weekends.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life insurance coverage
- 15 paid vacation days year 1, 20 paid vacation days year 2 and after, 12 sick days, 3 personal days and 11 paid holidays ?
- 403b Retirement employer contribution ?
- Training and Professional Development opportunities
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. In the subject please list “Manager of Philanthropy”. Resumes without cover letters will NOT be reviewed. No phone calls please.