The France Foundation, a wholly owned subsidiary of SmithBucklin, is a progressive medical education company looking for an Associate Medical Director. At The France Foundation, we are driven by identifying the right and best way to achieve our goals with a focus on continuous growth. We are change agents continuously on the search for a better way to help others improve their healthcare practice and the patients they manage. At the end of the day, we know our efforts and hard work has the promising result of helping another person or their loved one … this is the driver for what we do at The France Foundation.
We are looking for a strategic, forward-thinking candidate to help continue the growth of our company. As an Associate Medical Director, you will have the opportunity to join a dedicated group of individuals who are leaders in the area of certified continuing education for health professionals including physicians, pharmacists and nurses. Reporting directly to the president, the Associate Medical Director leads internal project teams and outside collaborators in the development of quality medical education content – with a goal to advance improvements in healthcare and patient outcomes.
What You Will Do
- Manage content for an average of 8-10 projects at a time, allocated by therapeutic area
- Facilitate educational planning and content development discussions with subject matter experts, with the goal of achieving high-level outcomes and improvements in clinical practice and patient care
- Lead educational outcomes planning, design, measurement and analytics for grant reporting
- Develop and nurture relationships with faculty and collaborators
- Provide onsite content support at select meetings and teleconferences
- Assist with abstract submissions and publications of educational outcomes
- Assist in identifying faculty for CE activities
- Further educational outcomes design and reporting through participation in the Outcomes Committee – a group committed to improving the planning, assessment and reporting of outcomes by The France Foundation
- Ensure clinical accuracy through validation and fair balance, in accordance with the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) criteria-based accreditation system and its Standards for Commercial Support, and the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE) Accreditation Standards for Continuing Pharmacy Education
This Role Might Be for You If…
- You have a solid understanding of the framework for quality improvement in healthcare
- You are able to understand and assimilate clinical data and medical information as it relates to the clinical practice you are supporting
- You are highly organized, detail-oriented and above all committed to producing the highest quality content to our learners
- You are an independent, solution-oriented self-starter who works well with others as part of a larger team
- You possess strong communication skills and have a natural ability to build (and maintain) relationships with both internal and external partners
- You have excellent project management skills, with the ability to manage competing priorities to effectively meet strict deadlines
- You are proficient in data analysis and reporting
- You have the ability to travel up to 5%
- PhD, PharmD or MD is preferred; other relevant scientific degrees will be considered
- Content development experience in the areas of pulmonary, diabetes and pain, and/or oncology is a plus
- Knowledge of current guidelines and criteria of the ACCME, AMA, FDA, OIG and others, as appropriate
- A thorough understanding of performance and quality improvement-based continuing education, in addition to the understanding of and the ability to align with the requirements of MOC/MOL
- Proficiency with basic computer programming, including the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
Where Do You Fit?
Whether you are just beginning your career or are a mid- or senior-level professional, working at SmithBucklin will offer you countless opportunities to develop transferrable skills, acquire meaningful knowledge and gain rich experiences at an accelerated pace. By working collaboratively with smart, ambitious, multi-talented, genuine and hardworking colleagues, you will build meaningful, deep and enduring relationships that will serve you well throughout your career, regardless of your chosen path. In addition, as a 100 percent employee-owned company, SmithBucklin offers all of our people – regardless of position or compensation – an equal chance to experience the fulfillment and reap the benefits of ownership. As owners, our employees control the destiny of SmithBucklin and are unified in the goal of building a great, enduring company.
Take your career to the next level and join us as we help pave the way for our client organizations and the industries they serve.
About The France Foundation
The France Foundation has been at the forefront of planning, developing and implementing multidisciplinary accredited medical education since its inception in 1999. The company continues to garner recognition for its work in the field, earning the Alliance’s 2013 and 2014 Awards for Innovation in Continuing Professional Development, the 2015 Award for Outstanding CE Enduring Material and the 2017 Award for Outstanding CE Live Meetings.
Equal Employment Opportunity
At SmithBucklin Corporation, Equal Employment Opportunity is our commitment and goal. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, marital status or any other protected status designated by federal, state or local law. Applicants are encouraged to confidentially self-identify when applying. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a reference and background investigation based on position.