The American Trucking Associations (ATA), the nation’s leading trade and lobby association representing the trucking industry, is actively seeking an energetic and creative Events Coordinator. This position assists the Managers of Event Services and Vice President Event Services on all logistical facets of assigned events in ATA’s Event Services Department.
The incumbent in this position will interact with ATA staff at all levels, ATA members, and supplier members. The ideal candidate is organized, enthusiastic, and able to see opportunities in obstacles. The candidate has also organized events in the past (informal and formal), is motivated by building a community of the most inspiring people and thrives in a fast paced environment.
- Assist in the management and coordination of the logistical arrangements for conventions and meetings, as assigned, to include maintaining detailed meeting schedules, hotel arrangements, registration and housing processes, food/beverage requirements, audio visual needs, room set-ups, transportation requirements, entertainment, temporary help, security, speaker needs, off-site events, golf outings, program development, selection of sites, marketing and on-site support.
- Provides input on negotiations and finalizing contracts with hotels, convention centers and vendors. Solicit and review RFPs for hotels/convention centers to host various meetings and services/supplies required therewith relating to but not limited to audio visual/production, office equipment, security, temporary help, entertainment, speakers, and transportation.
- Monitor ATA web site and coordinate current information and listing of events/meetings.
- Coordinate rental of ATA Conference rooms and provide logistic for events/meetings internally and with building management.
- Provide data entry support of registration, Conference Mobile App.