Dynamic, team-oriented, self-starter sought to join fast-paced organizational advancement department responsible for raising roughly $4 million annually. Areas of responsibility include grants management, special events and annual giving appeals that enable strategic initiatives and achievement of revenue goals.
Overall responsibilities entail administering and implementing Family Center’s long-term development plan. This includes organizing outreach efforts and facilitating relationships with the organization's new, existing and future donors. Strong relationship building skills, a positive, can-do attitude, and a commitment to working as a team are essential for success in this role. This individual will regularly interact with a myriad of internal and external constituents in a professional manner, including but not limited to key donors, board members, program personnel and volunteers. Specific responsibilities include:
- Support the generation of revenue for education, health and human services through timely submission of well-researched, well-written, and well-documented fundraising proposals.
- Research, identify, develop, and respond to public and private grant opportunities to include preparation of proposals, supporting documents and grant applications
- Oversee several annual events to include solicitation of sponsors, underwriters and attendees
- Create event budgets including adherence to expense and revenue projections as well as reconciling numbers with finance department
- Develop communication efforts related to attendees, donors, vendors, volunteers and social media outreach
- Facilitate volunteer engagement for fundraising and event experience in the assigned event revenue portfolio
- Provide stewardship to current donors with regular written updates (acknowledgements, newsletters, etc.) as required
- Communicate to all identified constituents in accordance with agency and department communication plan and guidelines
- Bachelor of Arts or Science preferably in non-profit management, Public Relations, Communications, Marketing and at least 5 years in fundraising and/or event management
- Proficiency with database processing (preferably Raiser's Edge) required along with Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, Outlook
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends is required for this position and will vary throughout the year.
- Proven competence to cultivate and manage critical long-term relationships with appropriate organizations and constituents and to recognize and develop new opportunities for potentially long-term relationships.
- Demonstrated excellence in interpersonal, written, verbal communication, presentation and organizational skills.
- Exceptional ability to influence others.?
- Proven capability to effectively and respectfully interact and build relationships with diverse populations.
- Ability to write clear, structured, articulate and persuasive proposals.
- Strong editing skills.
- Ability to synthesize complex or diverse information.
Family Centers is a private, non-profit organization offering education, health and human services to children, adults and families living in Lower Fairfield County. More than 200 professionals and 3,500 trained volunteers work together to provide a wide range of responsive, innovative programs.
For more information, please visit http://www.familycenters.org/
Family Centers is an EOE and offers a competitive salary, training, and generous benefits package.