| Reporting into the Associate Athletics Director/ Chief Financial Officer, the Human Resources Manager has primary responsibility for the operational aspects of the department's recruitment and hiring process, management of payroll functions and administration of all employee records. The Human Resources Manager serves as the primary liaison between the Department of Intercollegiate Athletics and Physical Education and the Columbia University Offices of Affirmative Action, Payroll, Human Resources and the University Provost, where necessary. |
- Assist the Associate Athletics Director/ Chief Financial Officer with employee and labor relations issues, performance management, recruitment, and training functions.
- Initiate the on-boarding process by preparing both manager and new employee through appropriate e-mail communications prior to first day and initial meetings.
- Manage background check process for all hires.
- Coordinate, process and document paperwork associated with Department staff searches including: job postings, position descriptions, advertising, termination and hiring paperwork.
- Process payroll and hiring forms and documents to ensure confidential, timely and accurate compensation to Department employees.
- Assist in the administration of the annual Department employee performance evaluation process, including processing merit increases in accordance with University calendar and policies.
- Maintain accurate position descriptions, postings and other job related documents.
- Update the human resources section of the Department's Policies and Procedures Manual
- Maintain current communications with University constituent offices and ensure compliance with University policies and Federal and State regulations.
- Coordinate and implement Department systems and organize internal training and development opportunities including, orientation, in-service training, education and professional development.
- Exhibit the highest professional standards and ethical behavior with regard to adherence to NCAA and Council of Ivy Group Presidents rules and regulations and University and Department of Intercollegiate Athletics and Physical Education policies and procedures.
- Contribute to the maintenance of good working relationships with all members of the Department and appropriate University constituencies.
- Assume other duties as assigned by the Director of Intercollegiate Athletics and Physical Education and/or his designee.