Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent oral and written communications skills are critical.
- The ability to undertake basic computer tasks.
- Strong understanding of the political process and the tools needed to impact public policy.
- Bachelor’s degree in political science or related discipline preferred,
- Three years of experience in state legislature or in monitoring state issues for a trade group required.
- Proven ability to write articles and provide presentations on state issues and association initiatives.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
This job operates in a professional office environment. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, telephones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
- This is somewhat a sedentary role
- Some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand as necessary.
- Must be able to lift up-to 10 pounds.
Travel may be necessary, up to 30% of the time (local, regional, national,). Would require travel by air, car, rail
(Especially during winter and spring)
Technical Skills: Beginning
Project Management: Proficient
Professional Conduct/Representation: Advanced
Problem Solving/Analysis: Proficient
Financial Management: Beginning
Decision Making: Proficient
Submit your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org with Manager, State Affairs in the subject line.
This job description indicates in general the nature and levels of work, knowledge, skills, abilities and other essential functions (as covered under the Americans with Disabilities Act) expected of an incumbent. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of an incumbent. An incumbent may be asked to perform other duties as required.