Reporting to the Assistant Athletic Director for Internal Operations/Events, the incumbent will be responsible for administrating and assisting with event operations of the Athletic Department for all events taking place in athletic facilities, including events held in athletic facilities by non-athletic, on campus groups, and outside organizations.
- Oversee all Events, including; event planning, coordination, facility arrangements and staffing
- Supervise, hire, and train Events/Facilities Coordinators, assistant directors, part-time, temporary help, interns, student workers and volunteers
- Serve when appropriate as liaison with Plant Operations, campus Security, Health and Safety, Key Control and Parking Offices, and with community groups and organizations, law enforcement and city offices as required for all events conducted in department facilities, traffic re-routing, event security, special and/or political events or visits of VIPs
- Assist with event coordination in cooperation with SMG for events occurring in the Save Mart Center
- Monitor and assist with development of events-related budget
- Serve as liaison to spirit groups (pep and cheer, band); and game program sellers
- Serve on campus and community committees and task forces as they may be relevant and/or requested
- Coordinate facility preparation with the Director of Facilities
- Coordinate event preparation with the Assistant A.D. Internal for Operations/Events
- Oversee facilities as assigned for safety and compliance with Americans with Disabilities Act
- Maintain payroll information on temporary and part-time event and facility staff and process it through the Athletic Business Office as required
- Serve as liaison between the Ticket Office and Marketing Office in dealing with special promotions in athletic facilities
- Maintain attendance records for all events and complete survey of facilities, event staff evaluations and incident reports as required
- With the Director of Facilities, assign and manage event staff at all games, matches and special events including ushers, ticket takers, clock and scoreboard operators, music coordinators, PA announcers, parking attendants and other event workers.
- Serve as liaison to coaches and staff of competing teams
- Accommodate officials' requests and needs
- Manage game scripts with Marketing Department
- Assist Media Relations staff in coordinating radio, television and other media arrangements
- Serve as liaison to University parking services
- Coordinate with the Marketing Director regarding pre-game and half time presentations at various events
- Act as the secondary contact and coordinate schedules for visiting teams for athletic events
- Work closely with the Director of Facilities on facilities needs and cooperative staffing of events
- Work as on-site manager at events and activities when appropriate
- Assign and schedule on-site event managers at all athletic events and activities and non-departmental events which occur in athletic facilities
- Address all concerns relating to event operations of sports from coaches
- Other related duties as assigned
Required Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited 4-year institution or five years' experience in athletics administration
- Experience with staffing and organization for events
- Experience in event and facilities scheduling
- Experience in the effective instruction, assignment and supervision of subordinates
- Strong supervisory skills - and ability to hire, train, coordinate, schedule, promote, terminate subordinates
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Possession of good interpersonal skills, professional tact, and the ability to interpret complex concepts and effectively communicate them to educate others
- Ability to:
- React effectively and quickly to crises and maintain a professional demeanor
- Work efficiently in a busy environment while maintaining a professional and courteous attitude in stressful situations
- Work effectively with individuals from diverse ethnic, cultural, and socio-economic backgrounds
- Establish and maintain good relationships with coaches, staff, and administration
- Apply good judgment, discretion and initiative in performing duties
- Prioritize assignments with conflicting deadlines
- Support the equity and diversity commitments of the department
- Work a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends
- A history of regular attendance and positive performance evaluations
Preferred Specialized Skills:
- Master's Degree in Sport Administration or related field
- Two years of work experience in an athletic event coordination environment in multiple venues
- Experience in coordination of safety and traffic for large crowds
- Experience with facility maintenance, upkeep, setup and staffing
- Working knowledge of facility setup according to collegiate rules specifications
- Experience in the assignment and supervision of part-time and temporary staff
- Computer literate
Deadline to Apply:
Final day to apply is February 8, 2017.
An Athletic Corporation Application, a resume, and a list of three professional references, including telephone numbers, are required. A cover letter that addresses your qualifications for the position is required.
|Apply By Mail: |
California State University, Fresno - Human Resources
5150 North Maple Avenue, M/S: JA41
Fresno, California 93740-8026
| ||Apply By Fax or In Person: |
Joyal Administration Building, Room 211
Phone: (559) 278-2032
Fax: (559) 278-4275
Thank you for your interest in a non-faculty position with the Athletic Corporation of California State University, Fresno.
The Athletic Corporation of California State University, Fresno is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action. Applicants will be considered without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status or disability. The Athletic Corporation actively seeks and encourages applications from members of all underrepresented groups. The Athletic Corporation is committed to providing equal opportunities to men and women CSU students in all campus programs, including intercollegiate athletics. The Athletic Corporation is associated with the University; however, employees of the Corporation are not employees of the University or the State of California.
In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act, crime report statistics are available at http://www.fresnostate.edu/adminserv/police/clery/.
Background investigations will be conducted, as required, depending upon the job requirements of a position. These could include, but are not limited to, processing of fingerprints through the Department of Justice and degree and license verifications. An offer of employment may or may not be extended based upon the results of these verifications.
Pursuant to the requirements of the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, any offer of employment is contingent upon verification of individual's eligibility to be employed in the United States.
Pursuant to Executive Order 883, reasonable accommodation is to be provided upon request from an employee or applicant with disabilities, unless doing so would impose an undue hardship on the campus. What constitutes a reasonable accommodation is to be determined by the campus on a case-by-case basis after it has received the individual's request for accommodation and engaged in an interactive process. Employees or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation should contact Human Resources directly at (559) 278-2032.
University Information: (http://www.fresnostate.edu/)
Fresno State is one of 23 campuses of the California State University System. The university's mission is to offer high quality educational opportunities to qualified students at the bachelor's and master's levels, as well as in joint doctoral programs in selected areas. The University serves the San Joaquin Valley while interacting with the state, nation, and world. Through transformational applied research, technical assistance, training and other related public service activities, the University builds partnerships and linkages with business, education, industry, and government. The University competes athletically in Division I FBS and is a member of the Mountain West Conference.
The University's current enrollment is more than 24,000 students from diverse backgrounds, which creates a culturally rich environment. The campus, which has been designated as an arboretum, is spread over 1400 acres. Metropolitan Fresno, with a multi-ethnic population of over 600,000 is located in the heart of the San Joaquin Valley on the western edge of the Sierra Nevada Mountain Range. The campus is within easy driving distance of San Francisco, Los Angeles, Yosemite, Kings Canyon, and Sequoia National Parks, the Monterey Peninsula, Lake Tahoe, beaches, sailing lakes and numerous ski resorts. Fresno boasts one of the most reasonable housing markets in California and offers a wide array of locally grown fruits and produce.
Copyright ©2015 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency