Education and Qualification Requirements
- Masters in Environmental Science, Chemistry, Health Policy or related field. Ph.D. preferred.
- Five plus years’ relevant experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Working knowledge of the science related to state and federal volatile organic compound (VOC) regulations for consumer and institutional products.
- Familiarity with Clean Air Act and regulatory implementation at the federal and state levels.
- Understanding of air quality modeling used to demonstrate compliance with the federal primary and secondary ozone standards.
- Familiarity with Montreal Protocol and regulatory implementation of both ozone depleting substances and global warming substances at the international, federal and state level.
- Familiarity with National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) codes and DOT regulatory implementation of hazardous substances.
- Knowledge of product formulating, manufacturing industries and business operations.
- Exceptional written, oral, and presentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills (communication, teamwork) and personal effectiveness skills (decision making, time management).
- Ability to speak publicly with a variety of audiences in various settings.
- Ability to meet deadlines, multi-task, manage multiple responsibilities, and produce measurable results in line with strategic objectives.
- Ability to make decisions in a changing, fast-paced environment and anticipate future needs.
- Ability to organize large projects and stakeholder groups.
- Works well in a team or independently when necessary.
- Proficient with MS Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Overnight travel with extended stay to the Mid-Year and Annual Meetings is required.
- Overnight travel to attend meetings with members and allied associations and attend legislative/regulatory hearings is required.
- Other travel as business needs dictate.
CSPA offers a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, and participation in the 401(k) plan, paid vacation and sick leave, and an emphasis on work/life balance.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for this full-time position located in Washington, DC, please email your resume and cover letter, summarizing your interest, qualifications, and salary expectations, to Holly Schroeder at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.