The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research (MJFF) was founded in 2000 with one clear objective: accelerating meaningful therapeutic advances and, ultimately, a cure for Parkinson's disease. The Foundation applies extraordinary scientific, business and media assets to this singular focus—thus creating a unique and dynamic organization. Since inception, MJFF has quickly grown into the largest global funder of Parkinson's disease research outside the U. S. federal government, having funded over $600 million in research projects in both academic and industry labs worldwide.
We believe that to find a cure for PD as quickly as possible, our capital needs to push research forward today—we therefore deliberately have no endowment. We instead start our fundraising from zero each year and seek to deploy funds raised as quickly and wisely as possible. In the last couple of years, MJFF has raised over $90 million annually. Today, the Foundation has approximately 120 full-time employees who are based in New York City. This is an onsite position and is not conducive to telecommuting.
Working as a member of a dynamic, high velocity team, the Development Officer will be responsible for tracking revenue results for some of the most impactful donors in our supporter network while working with the Leadership team to build and strengthen the relationships with some of the Foundation's most significant donors. The Development Operations Officer will report to the Associate Director, Development Operations.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Facilitate revenue recognition, reconciliation and forecasting
- Use CRM and business intelligence tools to accurately track gift restrictions, campaign success, and revenue reporting.
- Maintain donor and prospect records including the recording of action items in the CRM and have a deep understanding of the often complex relationships with and among donors.
- Assist in preparation of department mailings (gift acknowledgments, invitations, annual report, solicitations and collateral pieces).
- Help to create content and facilitate targeted interactions (pitches, progress reports, presentations and speaking materials) on behalf of fundraising team for various audiences (donors, prospects, councils, board and best practices peer groups).