Earthjustice is the premier nonprofit environmental law organization. We take on the biggest, most precedent-setting cases across the country. We wield the power of law and the strength of partnership to protect people’s health; to preserve magnificent places and wildlife; to advance clean energy; and to combat climate change. We achieve this by hiring people who share a passion for justice and a healthy environment. We are here because the earth needs a good lawyer.
Founded in 1971, Earthjustice has a distinguished track record of achieving significant, lasting environmental protections. We achieve this by hiring people who share a passion for justice and a healthy environment. Our headquarters are in San Francisco with offices in Anchorage, Juneau, Los Angeles, Tallahassee, Honolulu, New York, Philadelphia, Denver, Seattle, Bozeman, and Washington, DC.
The Mid-level Giving Officer develops and implements a comprehensive cultivation and stewardship program for members of Earthjustice’s William O. Douglas society, donors who give $1,000 - $10,000 annually. He/she engages donors through personalized communications and outreach in an effort to deepen their relationship with the organization, build identity within the group, and demonstrate the impact of their giving. The Mid-level Giving Officer is responsible for overseeing the development of special engagement opportunities, marketing materials, brand management, and upgrading strategies specifically targeted to the donor giving circle.
This position reports to the Director of Donor Relations. He/she must be able to build constructive and effective relationships within the development team and other administrative and program staff. This position is based at headquarters in the San Francisco, CA office.
Stewardship and Cultivation Activities
- Cultivate and steward an active donor group.
- Build relationships with donors via phone calls, personalized email communications, ongoing written contact, and events.
- Be primary contact for incoming phone calls and email requests from mid-level donors, soliciting feedback and tracking response in the database.
- Develop an appropriate outreach plan that demonstrates appreciation, recognition and engagement of donors.
- Provide program information to donors and draft routine correspondence and acknowledgments.
- Manage annual stewardship mailings.
Project & Systems Management and Metrics
- Oversee development of marketing collateral and systems for scalable, personal outreach.
- Help to identify prospects for qualification into leadership giving portfolios and oversee seamless upgrade and downgrade processes between prospecting portfolios.
- Collaborate on setting and tracking of program metrics and goals. Including growth and retention of group with a special focus on first year retention.
- Ensure consistent voice and strategy across channels for solicitation, outreach and stewardship.
- Develop and oversee integration of planned giving marketing strategy for mid-level donors and track key metrics.
- Collaborate on solicitation and upgrade strategies with the Direct Marketing Manager. Including prospecting segmentation and performance metrics with an eye on creating tailored, efficient mass communications.