| Director of Compliance|
Boise State University invites interested applicants for the position of Director of Compliance. The successful applicant will become part of our team as we build a Metropolitan Research University of Distinction. The individual in this position is responsible for monitoring the procedures of NCAA Compliance for the Athletic Department. The position reports to the Associate Athletic Director - Compliance on all areas of compliance including; but not limited to NCAA reports, initial and continuing eligibility, appeals, waivers, rules interpretation and education, financial aid, recruiting, playing and practice seasons and local sports clubs. The incumbent shall have a strong working knowledge and understanding of all NCAA rules and regulations regarding compliance issues. Any violation of a conference or NCAA regulation, as well as those policies of the University, could cause dismissal of a participant or staff member, as well as, create negative publicity and/or conference or NCAA standings to the program and institution.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Primary compliance administrator for sports as assigned as well as initial-eligibility for football.
- Monitor, oversee and audit recruiting activity for Boise State University coaching staffs, which includes monitoring and overseeing monthly recruiting calendars, recruiting contacts, recruiting evaluations and recruiting phone calls.
- Participate and assist in NCAA rules education initiatives.
- Oversee student-athlete initial-eligibility with the NCAA Eligibility Center and University.
- Assist with responding to all interpretive issues in accordance with office policy.
- Manage, oversee and approve logs for countable athletically related activities (CARA Forms).
- Assist with coordination of reporting, investigating and filing all violations in accordance with office policy.
- Assist with compiling waivers for the NCAA and Mountain West Conference pursuant to office policy.
- Supervise interns and externs.
- Tracks admissions progression of incoming student-athletes.
- Coordinate the National Letter of Intent program.
- Coordinate Coaches Certification Program with FAR.
- Develop, manage and oversee Boise State’s Compliance with the UAA in Idaho and will be responsible for registration, tracking etc. as it relates to Boise State student-athletes.
- Provide additional education for high profile SAs.
- Assists with rules education program for local area businesses and other outside constituencies that interact with Boise State student-athletes. This includes donor requests, promotional activities and appearances by SAs and teams.
- Oversee local sports club approval process for institution’s coaches.
Student Housing and Official Visits
- Oversee and coordinate student-athlete on-campus housing.
- Oversee the official visit process for all prospective student-athletes.
If you are interested in this position: Please apply through the online Boise State Human Resource Career Opportunities portal. You will need to upload to your application a cover letter indicating your interest and qualifications for this position, a resume that includes employment history (including dates of employment) and three professional references with contact information.
About the University: http://www.boisestate.edu/
About the City of Boise: http://www.boisechamber.org/
About the Department: http://www.broncosports.com
Background Investigations – Any offer of employment at Boise State University will be contingent upon the successful completion of a background investigation. To view the University’s full Background Investigations policy, please go to http://policy.boisestate.edu.
Drug-Free Workplace – It is the policy of Boise State University to maintain a drug-free workplace and campus. For more information about this policy, please go to http://policy.boisestate.edu.
Jeanne Clery Statement - The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act (Clery Act) requires all colleges and universities that participate in federal financial aid programs to keep and disclose information about crime on and near their campuses to all job applicants. To read the Boise State University Safety Report go to http://security.boisestate.edu/annual-security-reports.
Boise State University is a SMOKE FREE campus. For more information please go to http://healthservices.boisestate.edu
Boise State University is strongly committed to achieving excellence through cultural diversity. The University actively encourages applications and nominations of women, persons of color, and members of other underrepresented groups. EEO/AA Institution, Veterans preference. Please go to http://hrs.boisestate.edu/resources/eeoaa/ for more information.