NewSchools Venture Fund is a national venture philanthropy that seeks to transform public education so that all children have the opportunity to succeed, especially those from underserved communities. To achieve this goal, NewSchools identifies the most promising and innovative education entrepreneurs and helps them effectively accomplish their missions to achieve outstanding results for the children and educators they serve. Through our investing, management assistance, network building, and thought leadership, NewSchools works to reimagine K-12 education to help students graduate high school prepared and inspired to achieve their most ambitious dreams and plans.
Please visit our website at www.newschools.org to learn more about NewSchools Venture Fund.
The Development Coordinator is a member of the development team, which is responsible for raising ~$30M annually. The primary focus of this position is development operations, including gift/grant tracking, reporting, and general maintenance of NSVF’s donor database, Salesforce. The person in this position also serves as an analyst, and an administrative support to the team. The Development Coordinator reports to the Development Director.
- Take full responsibility for developing and maintaining internal systems to manage donor and prospect information, and to track and report on NSVF’s development activities (35%).
- Process donations and prepare acknowledgement letters and other correspondence
- Track gifts, grants, and pledges; lead the pledge reminder process
- Lead the maintenance and management of the donor database (Salesforce)
- Identify and drive solutions to improve development systems and processes
- Maintain foundation, corporation, and individual donor records
- Maintain prospect pipeline tracking system
- Create regular fundraising reports and other ad hoc reports as needed; analyze fundraising results in collaboration with the development team
- Develop and document development processes and systems and provide training to staff
- Support the fundraising efforts of the team’s development officers: Development Manager, Director of Development, and Chief Development Officer (35%).
- Ensure that all donor activity conducted by development officers is tracked in Salesforce, including contact reports, donor interests, biographical information, and major gift solicitations; coordinate team efforts
- Help refine and maintain the system’s development-related functionality and integrity, working with the Shared Services Team and outside consultants as appropriate.
- As needed, conduct research on prospective donors, focusing research efforts on individuals; help prepare briefings for NSVF development staff and Leadership Team members in advance of meetings with prospects and donors
- Assist with coordination of donor engagement opportunities and events, including logistical support and tracking RSVPs and event attendance
- Act as the Development team’s in-house expert and consultant on office tools, data and reporting (e.g. help the team to prepare sophisticated charts/graphs, reports, tracking systems, PowerPoint presentations and to leverage collaboration tools like Sharepoint, GoogleDocs, etc.)
- Coordinate stewardship of NSVF donors for their financial contributions (15%).
- Ensure that individual donors and foundations receive prompt and appropriately personalized letters, e-mails, and/or calls in appreciation for their support.
- Coordinate production of mailings, produce segmented mailing lists and link all communications to individual records for tracking purposes.
- Maintain and regularly reconcile a calendar of all reports due to foundations and other relevant funders; work with the Development Manager to develop required content and data, and ensure that reporting deadlines are met.
- Work with the Dev Team to create personally tailored annual stewardship reports, including individual giving histories.
- Project management (15%)
- Manage development projects as assigned