The Development Coordinator, Corporate & Internal Events is responsible for the organization and coordination of fundraising activities that provide assistance to the Manager of Special Events and the Associate, Corporate & Special Relations. A detail-oriented role that straddles both the Internal Events team and the Corporate & Special Relations area, this position requires excellent organizational skills and the ability to prioritize multiple assignments. Because this position is both internal and external facing, excellent written and oral communications skills are essential. Additional responsibilities are detailed below.
Corporate and Special Relations Responsibilities
Support Director Corporate Fundraising
Work closely with the Director of Corporate Fundraising on projects and assignments, including but not limited to:
- Assist in coordinating meetings, schedules, materials and follow up for the Real Estate Council.
- Help track Real Estate Council members’ gifts leading up to and after the Real Estate Council’s event.
- Participate in developing solicitation opportunities for corporate donors and prospects.
- Provide support and follow up with corporate donors and prospects.
- Prepare solicitation and presentation materials.
- Create and update Friends & Family pages, the chapter’s online platform for volunteer leadership, corporate donors and others wishing to fundraise.
Support Internal Events
New Leadership Council
- Working alongside the Manager of Special Events, attend NLC meetings as well as inquiries and referrals from NLC members who are interested in joining the NLC, volunteering or sitting on the Toast to Wishes host committee.
- In coordination with the Board Liaison, prepare materials including financials, wish granting and program services reports and agenda for NLC meetings.
- Liaison with Finance on event financials and Raiser’s Edge records.
- Provide support to internal events, specifically the annual Gala, Toast to Wishes, Walk for Wishes, and Wine for Wishes.
- Solicit corporate sponsorships for internal events.
- Assist in creating budgets and monitoring expenses for internal events.
- Process donations including opening up mail and scanning checks.
- Process monthly accrual gifts from Make-A-Wish America.
- Take donations from callers who wish to donate over the phone.
- Provide limited administrative support to the Department.
The physical demands and work environment listed here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable a person with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical Demands: While performing this job employees may occasionally be required to talk, stand or sit for long periods of time, walk, climb stairs, key data, stoop, twist, bend, crawl, speak and hear. Employees may drive a motor vehicle and may be required to travel during business hours and overnight up to 20% of the time. Person must also be able to move/lift up to 20 pounds.
- Work Environment: While performing this job employee is exposed to weather prevalent at the time with varying noise levels.